Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory--40th anniversary!

It is my favorite movie and tomorrow it's the 40th anniversary of it's release. I watched an interview with the cast on the Today show back in May. But they should've done it this month because it was not released in May, it was released June 30th.

I remember back in 2001 how I became OBSESSED with this movie! That Halloween I even went as Willy. lmfao. Gene Wilder IS Willy Wonka, not Johnny Depp. He's great as Captain Jack Sparrow but he is no Willy Wonka!

I love how they made the Oompa Loompas with green hair and orange faces. And they actually used about a dozen midgets--no computer cloning. None of them spoke English.

The chocolate river was not made of chocolate--it was some chocolate colored powdery stuff and it was dirty cold water. And at the end of "Pure Imagination," that buttercup that Mr. Wonka ate was made of wax so he had to spit it out when the director yelled CUT.

The girl who turned into a blueberry had a bad experience when she flew back to NYC after shooting--the blue makeup used on her face started resurfacing when she was at school and everybody started laughing at her because she was turning blue.

The movie was filmed in Munich Germany because the director didn't want the movie to take place in any given place or time.

The Chocolate room set was not seen by the principal cast until the actual "Pure Imagination" number, so their reactions were all real and genuine.

Yeah like anyone cares enough to read this.

It is my favorite movie and tomorrow it's the 40th anniversary of it's release. I watched an interview with the cast on the Today show back in May. But they should've done it this month because it was not released in May, it was released June 30th.

I remember back in 2001 how I became OBSESSED with this movie! That Halloween I even went as Willy. lmfao. Gene Wilder IS Willy Wonka, not Johnny Depp. He's great as Captain Jack Sparrow but he is no Willy Wonka!

I love how they made the Oompa Loompas with green hair and orange faces. And they actually used about a dozen midgets--no computer cloning. None of them spoke English.

The chocolate river was not made of chocolate--it was some chocolate colored powdery stuff and it was dirty cold water. And at the end of "Pure Imagination," that buttercup that Mr. Wonka ate was made of wax so he had to spit it out when the director yelled CUT.

The girl who turned into a blueberry had a bad experience when she flew back to NYC after shooting--the blue makeup used on her face started resurfacing when she was at school and everybody started laughing at her because she was turning blue.

The movie was filmed in Munich Germany because the director didn't want the movie to take place in any given place or time.

The Chocolate room set was not seen by the principal cast until the actual "Pure Imagination" number, so their reactions were all real and genuine.

Yeah like anyone cares enough to read this.

I read you, Ched!

Cute little 'story' sidelight - my youngest grandddughter was 2 when my husband, her Doo-Dah, went 'away'; we played her a tape of him being inducted into Commander of our Post 1286 American Legion, and she said: "His voice is just like Willy Wonka's"!!!! Her NeMa, that's me, fell on the floor laughing - I had never heard of Willy Wonka!!!

Love, JK

Archived