Here's Lucy - Best of Collection Reviews

A review of the new Here’s Lucy DVD collection on sitcomsonline.com. It looks like a basic bare bones set –which is what I was expecting away, but the prints look great.

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/hereslucybestofcollectiondvdreview.html

Looks great! What i dun't understand is they say 6 Episodes but then list S E V E N of them.

Looks great! What i dun't understand is they say 6 Episodes but then list S E V E N of them.

Guess it was a mistake they didn't catch. Also, on MPI's site the price is listed as $9.98 with Bonus Features - Bloopers, Lucy's Home Movies and original network promos, but the reviewer says there were no bonus features, which is not a surpise for this set. The review also has it's list price as $14.98.

Guess it was a mistake they didn't catch. Also, on MPI's site the price is listed as $9.98 with Bonus Features - Bloopers, Lucy's Home Movies and original network promos, but the reviewer says there were no bonus features, which is not a surpise for this set. The review also has it's list price as $14.98.

Yes, i assume a CHEAPIE like this wouldn't have those bonus features, a regular season release of either of her last two series would.

• 1 month later...

I always have to wonder WHO decided these were the seven best??

Whoever you are, you get MAJOR points from me for including "NG as RN". "The Burtons" is a must for any 'best of' here's Lucy, but the other selections....

hmmmmmm

I can see "Airport Chase" for the novelty factor and "Jury Duty" because Joan's still current but I've never been wild about either. "Jury" suffers from that bargain-basement supporting cast and the fact the (IMO!) Joan's not much of a sitcom actress.

But "Joe Namath" is a curious inclusion. It's not BAD really just not much to recommend it...and there are so many that are better. Note that Joe is "Special Guest Star" and Desi is a mere "Guest Star".

I haven't re-watched "Mannix" and "Last Blind Date" yet.

MY pics for "Best of" would be "Working Daughter" "Craig's License" "Big Break" "HC, Male Nurse" "Wandering Mother" "Lucy Meets Lucy" and "Fights the System" just off the top of my head.

I always have to wonder WHO decided these were the seven best??

Whoever you are, you get MAJOR points from me for including "NG as RN". "The Burtons" is a must for any 'best of' here's Lucy, but the other selections....

hmmmmmm

I can see "Airport Chase" for the novelty factor and "Jury Duty" because Joan's still current but I've never been wild about either. "Jury" suffers from that bargain-basement supporting cast and the fact the (IMO!) Joan's not much of a sitcom actress.

But "Joe Namath" is a curious inclusion. It's not BAD really just not much to recommend it...and there are so many that are better. Note that Joe is "Special Guest Star" and Desi is a mere "Guest Star".

I haven't re-watched "Mannix" and "Last Blind Date" yet.

MY pics for "Best of" would be "Working Daughter" "Craig's License" "Big Break" "HC, Male Nurse" "Wandering Mother" "Lucy Meets Lucy" and "Fights the System" just off the top of my head.

Well, i bought it, watched it and totally agree with you, Burtons, a must, Lucy NG as RN fine, but Namath and airport, i dun't thin so, so many other great ones could have replaced those. But, if you recall, they had loads of trouble with the best of 24 release also, and we debated their lousy choices on the boards for that one too. Maybe, they're thinking about future releases?

Archived