Jamestown Jammers to wear Lucy uniforms Wednesday

The Jamestown Jammers will wear Lucy uniforms at their game tomorrow in honour of Lucy's birthday. A photo of the jerseys can be seen at the link:

JAMESTOWN - For the second year in a row, the Jamestown Jammers will help celebrate Lucille Ball's birthday by wearing specially designed Lucy Desi uniforms during Wednesday's game against the Tri-City ValleyCats at Diethrick Park.

The uniforms, designed by Wilson, are white with a script Lucy Desi across the front along with two screen printed photos of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz on the front, and the 100th birthday logo is on the back of the jersey. After the game, the jerseys will be auctioned off with proceeds going to Lucy Desi Museum.

"It has been an honor and privilege to work with the Lucy Desi people for the second year in a row," Jamestown Jammers general manager Matt Drayer said. "Both Lucille Ball and Diethrick Park have been integral parts of this community's fabric for generations, which is why we could not be happier to help kick off Lucy's 100th birthday celebration."

In addition to the uniforms, the Jammers will also wear commemorative hats that feature the Jammers logo with the signature "I Love Lucy" heart behind the logo on the front of the cap. The caps will be available for purchase in the gift shop all this week and during the game.

"We wanted to build on the success of last year's event," Drayer said of adding the hats. "In merging the Jammers logo with the iconic Lucy heart, we were able to create a special item that celebrates a momentous occasion for the city and is able to reach a wider audience than the jersey."

The game is just one of several events planned for Lucy's 100th birthday, which also includes visits from Joan Rivers and Paula Poundstone during the four-day event.

The Jamestown Jammers are the New York-Pennsylvania League affiliate of the Florida Marlins, and the team is owned and operated by Rich Products Corporation, which also runs the Buffalo Bisons and the Northwest Arkansas Naturals.

To get tickets for Wednesday night's game, call the front office at (716) 664-0915. Gates open at 6 p.m., and first pitch is scheduled for 7:05.

© Copyright 2011 The OBSERVER. All rights reserved.

http://www.observertoday.com/page/content.detail/id/561844/Jammers-to-wear-Lucy-uniforms-on-Wednesday.html?nav=5010

The Jamestown Jammers will wear Lucy uniforms at their game tomorrow in honour of Lucy's birthday. A photo of the jerseys can be seen at the link:

http://www.observertoday.com/page/content.detail/id/561844/Jammers-to-wear-Lucy-uniforms-on-Wednesday.html?nav=5010

Where do i go to sign up for the team? I want to wear that jacket!

Today's The Post-Journal-Sports - National News - A photo of the commemorative jersey was shown on the MLB Network on Tuesday in anticipation of tonight's Jamestown Jammers/Tri-City New York-Penn League game at Diethrick Park, Jamestown. The Jammers will wear the jerseys, which will be auctioned off with proceeds going to the Lucy-Desi Museum - photo courtest of the Jamestown Jammers.

by Scott Kindberg - "For most of an hour late Tuesday afternoon, MLB Network hosts Chris Rose and Kevin Miller debated about everything baseball. But, to local baseball fans, the most interesting portion of the show came with about 10 minutes remaining. That's when an on-air personality, Hazel Mae, introduced a segment entitled 'Hazel's Headlines', and one of the headlines highlighted the commemorative Lucy-Desi uniform tops to be worn tonight by the Jamestown Jammers when they entertain the Tri-City Valley-Cats in Diethrick Park, Jamestown.

Today's The Post-Journal-Sports - National News - A photo of the commemorative jersey was shown on the MLB Network on Tuesday in anticipation of tonight's Jamestown Jammers/Tri-City New York-Penn League game at Diethrick Park, Jamestown. The Jammers will wear the jerseys, which will be auctioned off with proceeds going to the Lucy-Desi Museum - photo courtest of the Jamestown Jammers.

by Scott Kindberg - "For most of an hour late Tuesday afternoon, MLB Network hosts Chris Rose and Kevin Miller debated about everything baseball. But, to local baseball fans, the most interesting portion of the show came with about 10 minutes remaining. That's when an on-air personality, Hazel Mae, introduced a segment entitled 'Hazel's Headlines', and one of the headlines highlighted the commemorative Lucy-Desi uniform tops to be worn tonight by the Jamestown Jammers when they entertain the Tri-City Valley-Cats in Diethrick Park, Jamestown.

You're so lucky Joyce to actually LIVE there, going to any of the events?

You're so lucky Joyce to actually LIVE there, going to any of the events?

I don't plan on ANY of the $$ events; funds too low; no pre-planning, etc.

I'm gonna go to the parade; since, I was at the 1956 'event' extravaganza!!!! We skipped school to go and walked (my only detention 'event' in all my school years!! AND, well worth it!!) - it was a downpour; 2+ miles of 'awful'.

My father and his best friend, and many other Celoron 'folk' went to Lucille's personal invite list, through L. Pauline Lopus, at the old Little Theater, for a private reception. I made a scrapbook of all events, pre- and aft- and donated same to the Center in 2003; it seems to be 'lost'....

I am particularly disappointed that some information of local schoolchildren, including my husband's nephew, Jamestown middle school, and a lad from my high school, high school newspaper, interviewed Lucille at the Hotel Jamestown; one of whom, my elder classmate, surfaced this spring with his information and text of interview; I sent it to Gunderson; NO RESPONSE other than a thank you; and I thought since they were re-enacting the 1956 event, at least one of the interviewers would be a great idea; guess, Journey dislikes 'others' suggestions. Oh, me, oh, my.... not another ED holding court. I shall re-print same for Lounger's reading, as soon as I find it this morning amongst my e-mails sent.... have patience....

Regards, JK

I don't plan on ANY of the $$ events; funds too low; no pre-planning, etc.

I'm gonna go to the parade; since, I was at the 1956 'event' extravaganza!!!! We skipped school to go and walked (my only detention 'event' in all my school years!! AND, well worth it!!) - it was a downpour; 2+ miles of 'awful'.

My father and his best friend, and many other Celoron 'folk' went to Lucille's personal invite list, through L. Pauline Lopus, at the old Little Theater, for a private reception. I made a scrapbook of all events, pre- and aft- and donated same to the Center in 2003; it seems to be 'lost'....

I am particularly disappointed that some information of local schoolchildren, including my husband's nephew, Jamestown middle school, and a lad from my high school, high school newspaper, interviewed Lucille at the Hotel Jamestown; one of whom, my elder classmate, surfaced this spring with his information and text of interview; I sent it to Gunderson; NO RESPONSE other than a thank you; and I thought since they were re-enacting the 1956 event, at least one of the interviewers would be a great idea; guess, Journey dislikes 'others' suggestions. Oh, me, oh, my.... not another ED holding court. I shall re-print same for Lounger's reading, as soon as I find it this morning amongst my e-mails sent.... have patience....

Regards, JK

Awwwwwwwwww, just to think that Y O U were there in Jamestown at the big premiere of Forever Darling and Lucy's glorious return home for the event.

Archived