Lucy Marathon

keepjigglingpeggy

This is the first time I've been able to watch Lucy on the Hallmark Channel and they had the UNMITIGATED GALL to edit Lucy's "H-A-P-P-Y" monologue from Don Juan and the Starlets. That is just unacceptable!!! :angry: :angry:

Hey, hallmark is famous for sappy greetings on cards, not editing of the most famous tv show of all time, LOL! I'm just happy they feature Lucy at all.

ME-TV is also running a marathon of I Love Lucy, We Love Lucy, and The Lucy Show.

You had me wondering there if this was yet another tv station i had never heard of till i realized you meant at YOUR house, LOL! MY station at home is offering a similar Lucy marathon, LOL!

This is the first time I've been able to watch Lucy on the Hallmark Channel and they had the UNMITIGATED GALL to edit Lucy's "H-A-P-P-Y" monologue from Don Juan and the Starlets. That is just unacceptable!!! :angry: :angry:

They mutilate each episode and especially parts that are essential. I wish they would go through the full scenes and cut into commercials as they were originally done. Many people who only watch in on television have not seen the entire episode. BUY THE DVDS!!!

Hey, hallmark is famous for sappy greetings on cards, not editing of the most famous tv show of all time, LOL! I'm just happy they feature Lucy at all.

Although I loathe the type of editing that they do. I don't loathe the fact that they have frequent marathons and this one will be about two days!!! I have :ill: with breakfast each morning love from Hallmark xxx

I think "keepgigingpeggy" has to be the funniest username on here!

And ME-TV is a real station, Claude!

I watched some of Lucy on Hallmark this morning, made me so grateful for the GORGEOUS prints we have on the DVDs. I'm watching Miss Grant Takes Richmond on TCM right now, I love this movie so much!

ME TV? Really? I thought she was referring to the tv at HER house, calling it ME TV, lol!

Although I loathe the type of editing that they do. I don't loathe the fact that they have frequent marathons and this one will be about two days!!! I have :ill: with breakfast each morning love from Hallmark xxx

Those great tv shows have been chopped up for decades on every channel, so that's not surprising, i agree with YOU, get the dvds, that's all.

I think "keepgigingpeggy" has to be the funniest username on here!

And ME-TV is a real station, Claude!

I watched some of Lucy on Hallmark this morning, made me so grateful for the GORGEOUS prints we have on the DVDs. I'm watching Miss Grant Takes Richmond on TCM right now, I love this movie so much!

I know, i really enjoyed watching Grant/Richmond again, hadn't seen it in a while, now i have a copy again, on DVD!

I DVRd it, it was the last of my all-time favorite Lucy movies I didn't have a way of watching whenever I wanted!

Now I'm going through my Lucy collection while watching The Fuller Brush Girl...I didn't realize I had so much!

Yeah, i went through mine last night also, to know which to RECORD and discovered i already everything in twos, well, not everything but many of them. You really see Lucy Ricardo in Grant/Richmond and even more so in Fuller Brush.

Had a ball watching the TCM Birthday tribute. Made it until, the end of "Stage Door", which is always great to watch, even though TCM plays it to death. "Say girls, ain't he handsome?" LOL

I particular enjoyed "Dance, Girl, Dance". Maureen o' Hara and Lucy...a fierce combo!

DuBarry Was a Lady still stinks and made me wish TCM would have shown some rare titles instead.

Had a ball watching the TCM Birthday tribute. Made it until, the end of "Stage Door", which is always great to watch, even though TCM plays it to death. "Say girls, ain't he handsome?" LOL

I particular enjoyed "Dance, Girl, Dance". Maureen o' Hara and Lucy...a fierce combo!

DuBarry Was a Lady still stinks and made me wish TCM would have shown some rare titles instead.

Yeah, i hated some of their choices also. I watched the first ones and then went to work, while they were playing all the ones i had already anyway, then when i got back i put in a dvd and recorded I dream too much and the two Annabel movies only to have my dvd recorder fail on me again so i missed all three, I dream too much i could not care less about as her part is so small but the other two i hope TCM plays again so i can get them recorded.

Yeah, i hated some of their choices also. I watched the first ones and then went to work, while they were playing all the ones i had already anyway, then when i got back i put in a dvd and recorded I dream too much and the two Annabel movies only to have my dvd recorder fail on me again so i missed all three, I dream too much i could not care less about as her part is so small but the other two i hope TCM plays again so i can get them recorded.

Oh I know the feeling. Had my DVD recorder break down on me a year ago. Still haven't replaced. Need to invest in DVR.

Oh I know the feeling. Had my DVD recorder break down on me a year ago. Still haven't replaced. Need to invest in DVR.

Oh yes, our complicated lives with the NEW technology. I have TWO DVD recorders but sent one to Toronto to my boyfriend in exchange for HIS which is not a recorder but plays DivX copies which he keeps sending me and i couldn't play them so now i play them on his. Mine started NOT recording one time, then working ok and then back to not working so i got very careful and figured out i wasn't finalizing at the right time, i would put it on and start finalizing before everything was ready, and the choices light up, so now that i figured that out i've done seven or more recordings in a row and i was going to PM Brock that it does work after all, i was the one finalizing before it was ready. BUT, i did all that when i did the three Lucy movies and it still did not work, i dunno if it was because this was FOUR and a half hours instead of the usual two or so hours, these frickin electronic things drive me nuts.

oh you guys are so lucky you have tcm, you have no idea how hard it is to find a lucille ball movie in germany and you get them for free :)

Archived