Lucy Teaches Ethel Merman.../...and the Boy Scout Show

I couldn't decide where to put this, so here we go -- a new thread devoted to Lucy Teaches Ethel Merman How To Sing and Ethel Merman & The Boy Scout Show.

I just found this great shot of Ethel taken in her costume from the deleted scene that I have never seen before:

img0000020A.jpg

I don't know if my memory is accurate but I believe the day part one aired was the day the news broke that Lucy would definitely NOT be returning for another season.

AND I remember an audio promo done by our local announcer over a still picture that said "I LOVE LUCY"---in big letters with a cut out still of Lucy off to the side in mid-dance step that said "Ethel Merman gets a singing lesson tonight on "The Lucy Show". I was relieved because I thought the show was off as of that moment.

It's a shame the missing scene doesn't exist. It's hard to believe they would throw something like that away.

I don't know if my memory is accurate but I believe the day part one aired was the day the news broke that Lucy would definitely NOT be returning for another season.

AND I remember an audio promo done by our local announcer over a still picture that said "I LOVE LUCY"---in big letters with a cut out still of Lucy off to the side in mid-dance step that said "Ethel Merman gets a singing lesson tonight on "The Lucy Show". I was relieved because I thought the show was off as of that moment.

It's a shame the missing scene doesn't exist. It's hard to believe they would throw something like that away.

Yeah dontcha wish some of US had been around back then to advise them of the worth of things they were just simply throwing out due to their lack of respect for the people involved? Thank God Lucy herself saved everything.

• 4 weeks later...

I love those two episodes. Easily two of the best Lucy Shows ever created! I wish the original ending to the first part still existed, but the DVD included such a nice little synopsis of it.

Again, when Lucy was working with somebody she loved or respected, great work ensued. If only schmoley had let her work with more of these people instead of the hacks and cheapies.

Again, when Lucy was working with somebody she loved or respected, great work ensued. If only schmoley had let her work with more of these people instead of the hacks and cheapies.

True, true. I cannot stress enough how SICK I get seeing his cousin Sid Gould's face pop up in every bit role there is! There are interviews with people in "The Lucy Book" with people who say he was a major pain in the ass. He apparently thought he was a laugh-a-minute guy and made everyone around him furious.

True, true. I cannot stress enough how SICK I get seeing his cousin Sid Gould's face pop up in every bit role there is! There are interviews with people in "The Lucy Book" with people who say he was a major pain in the ass. He apparently thought he was a laugh-a-minute guy and made everyone around him furious.

Yeah, i love it when people with absoultely no talent whatsoever start thinking they are curing cancer or something.

• 4 years later...

I decided to work from home today and put on "Boy Scout Show" for some background noise. Perhaps it is because I was listening to the show rather than watching it, but this is the very first time I've noticed Desi killing himself laughing in the audience during the "talkie" portion of the production number. He's holding nothing back. lol

I decided to work from home today and put on "Boy Scout Show" for some background noise. Perhaps it is because I was listening to the show rather than watching it, but this is the very first time I've noticed Desi killing himself laughing in the audience during the "talkie" portion of the production number. He's holding nothing back. lol

Huh?  Desi is in the audience for a season 2 show?  By "talkie" portion, are you referring to the "Am I Blue?" movie musical take-off?

Archived