Madeline Zima on playing Lucy

Brock

No idea on where to park this one, so I'll just stick it here. Anyway, the Buzzline website has published a new interview with The Nanny and Californication star Madeline Zima on her new movie The Family Tree and she was asked about playing young Lucille Ball in that curious TV movie "Lucy" with Rachel York. Here's what she had to say:

DS: This year was the 100th Anniversary of Lucille Ball’s birth. You actually got to play a teenage Lucy in a TV movie. What would you say was the biggest thing you got out of playing such an iconic actress?

MZ: Just a lifetime of wonderful memories. I was in New Zealand when I was 17 years old playing that role, and I kept telling the producer that I couldn’t get my head around how I got the job. I don’t look anything like Lucille Ball. My hair is brown, and I had to wear contacts for the audition because I didn’t have the blue eyes that Lucy was so famous for. Yet I did have her brunette hair, which is something most people don’t know about Lucille Ball, who dyed her hair red. But even with all of that, the producer told me I was right for the part. It was such an amazing experience, and I got to realize how my own wild youthfulness really set into her character, because Lucy had a very wild and rebellious life when she was 15 years old. Whenever I’m having a bad day, I always remind myself of the great experience I had on that movie.

SOURCE: http://www.buzzinefilm.com/interviews/film-interview-madeline-zima-family-tree-08232011

No idea on where to park this one, so I'll just stick it here. Anyway, the Buzzline website has published a new interview with The Nanny and Californication star Madeline Zima on her new movie The Family Tree and she was asked about playing young Lucille Ball in that curious TV movie "Lucy" with Rachel York. Here's what she had to say:

SOURCE: http://www.buzzinefilm.com/interviews/film-interview-madeline-zima-family-tree-08232011

Nice, really nice. I liked that LUCY movie, it was so much better than the other one, Before the Laughter. Don't remember Zima in it though, will have to rewatch it tomorrow, haven't seen it in years.

:lucyshock: I don't see that at all.

(And if anyone suggests Debra Messing again, I'll slug ya! ;) )

Debra's great and quite adept at comedy and is similar to Lucy in the sense that she can't sing on Will and Grace the way Lucy could not on ILL, LOL! Meryl can do anything and as she's getting on in years maybe she could play an older Lucy remembering her great life or something. MERYL CAN SIMPLY DO ANYTHING, AND SHE BRINGS GREATNESS TO ANYTHING SHE TOUCCHES, SHE IS THE GREATEST LIVING ACTRESS TODAY.

Debra's great and quite adept at comedy and is similar to Lucy in the sense that she can't sing on Will and Grace the way Lucy could not on ILL, LOL! Meryl can do anything and as she's getting on in years maybe she could play an older Lucy remembering her great life or something. MERYL CAN SIMPLY DO ANYTHING, AND SHE BRINGS GREATNESS TO ANYTHING TO TOUCCHES, SHE IS THE GREATEST LIVING ACTRESS TODAY.

I think Debra Messing would be excellent playing Lucy RICARDO. She could really pull it off. But I don't see her playing Lucille Ball.

Archived