OFFICIAL: "I Love Lucy" is back to SIX seasons!

Brock

After nearly five years of living with CBS' tyrannical decision declaring "I Love Lucy" and "The Lucy Desi Comedy Hour" to be one and the same, sanity has finally been restored to the network. CBS head Les Moonves has once again officially recognized that I Love Lucy ended in 1957:

Moonves said the key to the TV business is owning programming.

"Content is forever. We made over $20 million a year on revenue from I Love Lucy. It is a show that was last produced in 1957," he said. "Fifty years from now there will be some other guy sitting in this chair and he'll be selling CSI."

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/473856-No_Signs_of_Ad_Slowdown_at_CBS_Moonves_Says.php

Hopefully this puts an end to this "I Love Lucy: Seasons 7, 8, and 9" nonsense, the debate of which nearly tore our community apart in the first three months of 2007. :marionstrong:

After nearly five years of living with CBS' tyrannical decision declaring "I Love Lucy" and "The Lucy Desi Comedy Hour" to be one and the same, sanity has finally been restored to the network. CBS head Les Moonves has once again officially recognized that I Love Lucy ended in 1957:

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/473856-No_Signs_of_Ad_Slowdown_at_CBS_Moonves_Says.php

Hopefully this puts an end to this "I Love Lucy: Seasons 7, 8, and 9" nonsense, the debate of which nearly tore our community apart in the first three months of 2007. :marionstrong:

Oh my, wasn't aware what a controversial issue that was!

The debate was very heated at the time. :marionstrong:

Not to stir things up again, but I can kind of see it both ways.

I mean, yes, it was basically I Love Lucy in a one hour format, and did air over the periods when ILL's 7th, 8th and 9th seasons would've aired had it continued...

...but it was so sporadic and limited that it really is more of a series of specials than anything else.

Well... where do you stand?

I don't know - neither way really LOL! It was the same show - same actors so if people want to refer to it as Season 7 and so on then so be it. There's nothing wrong with that, I mean, it really did continue on from Season 6 BUT it wasn't called I Love Lucy, so there is a reason why people might not like to refer to it as Season 7. Know what I mean? Could be seen as both ways.

I don't know - neither way really LOL! It was the same show - same actors so if people want to refer to it as Season 7 and so on then so be it. There's nothing wrong with that, I mean, it really did continue on from Season 6 BUT it wasn't called I Love Lucy, so there is a reason why people might not like to refer to it as Season 7. Know what I mean? Could be seen as both ways.

They were two different series, same as All in the Family was different from Archie Bunker's Place and the Golden Girls was from the Golden Palace and so on and so on . . . :lucydaze::lucyhehe:

Archived