The Essential I Love Lucy Collection

mickie

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This weeks TV Guide has an article and there is a digital copy of a special TV Guide of Lucy -its $3.99 on zinio.com, more than a printed copy and dont think there will even be a printed copy or if you could even print out a copy yourself.

Well, darn :lucyblah: I would have loved to buy an actual magazine of all Lucy's TV Guide covers and articles. I bet they would have done a news stand issue in the old days.

Well, darn :lucyblah: I would have loved to buy an actual magazine of all Lucy's TV Guide covers and articles. I bet they would have done a news stand issue in the old days.

I agree - I wish tehy would have a printed copy for sale - would look much better than a printed copy.

I'm surprised they didn't put the Hollywood eps together but instead all over the place.

Looking at the episode selection, the first 2 DVD's are identical to "The Best Of I Love Lucy" which was released exclusively at Target earlier this year. These episodes are in order across 2 discs on both sets.

DVD 3 is eight additional episodes isolated as a mere add-on to an already authored DVD release. Unfortunately this --along with the decision to move Pioneer Women to the end of the otherwise chronological 3rd disc-- does make it feel like the episodes jump all over the place.

Screw all of that...I really want the 4th DVD. I've never seen Babalu Music and just picked up the CD this past summer. Should be a lot of fun. That AND a bonus colorized episode? :gasp:

Looking at the episode selection, the first 2 DVD's are identical to "The Best Of I Love Lucy" which was released exclusively at Target earlier this year. These episodes are in order across 2 discs on both sets.

DVD 3 is eight additional episodes isolated as a mere add-on to an already authored DVD release. Unfortunately this --along with the decision to move Pioneer Women to the end of the otherwise chronological 3rd disc-- does make it feel like the episodes jump all over the place.

Screw all of that...I really want the 4th DVD. I've never seen Babalu Music and just picked up the CD this past summer. Should be a lot of fun. That AND a bonus colorized episode? :gasp:

Babalu Music is terrific, all scenes from the series through it and the color episode alone will be to die for of course.

Seriously, worked out to three thousand bucks for me.

Just got the 4th disc - someone made me a copy - love the Babulu remix video, I think they should release that as a single - if Betty White can have a big dance hit, then why not Desi.

Did enjoy the color episode too, it looks good.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this, can't wait to get it. Now that's 2 color episodes down and 178 to go!

Actually 177 1/2 to go...since they did the present day segments of the Christmas episode.

The episode I want in color is "Don Loper" so I can see exactly what 'pink mink' looks like

("a NEW color I've created for this season...")

Actually 177 1/2 to go...since they did the present day segments of the Christmas episode.

The episode I want in color is "Don Loper" so I can see exactly what 'pink mink' looks like

("a NEW color I've created for this season...")

OMG, so true, i want to see the gown Lucy should have bought for herself, the evening gown that's long and flowing and all beaded, one of the most beautiful dresses ever shown on the series and Lucy should have bought it for herself and worn it to an award show or something, it would look sensational on her. Would love to see that one in color too!

I do have it on VHS, I'll def. be keeping my VCR for some time as I like "old-school" stuff.

But I'd love an official DVD release too!

But you can get them all transferred to DVD for not much money you know, i did that for many priceless irreplaceable things on VHS. Some of Lucy and some not.

Just got the 4th disc - someone made me a copy - love the Babulu remix video, I think they should release that as a single - if Betty White can have a big dance hit, then why not Desi.

Did enjoy the color episode too, it looks good.

Speaking of the colorized "Grapes" episode, take a peek of a couple of scenes from newly-colorized classic episode, "Lucy's Italian Movie" aka the Grape Stomping episode.

Enjoy and then .....discuss! :D

Speaking of the colorized "Grapes" episode, take a peek of a couple of scenes from newly-colorized classic episode, "Lucy's Italian Movie" aka the Grape Stomping episode.

Enjoy and then .....discuss! :D

Just BOOTIFUL, BUT, showing the grape stomping scene without the fight is like showing the Mona Lisa without her smile.

Archived