Sign in to follow this  
rickee

Oh, Those Traveling Props!

LittleRickyII    305

WOW!!!!! What a find! I envy whoever gets ahold of this.

I'm amazed at the attention to detail; that Lucy actually wrote a note to the character. I'm wondering if Lillian came about because she misremembered the name and it's simply what she wrote down. Also, how neat to finally know the character's address after all these years.

Definitely an amazing find.  (Bravo, Jimmy!))  But do we really know Lillian's address?  It's clear that she lives on E. 67th St., but what is that street number to the left of the "E"?  Is that 1413?  If so, that would put her way over on the other side of the East River, (outside of Manhattan), somewhere in Queens on a street that isn't even called 67th St.

Mot Morenzi    1,404

Definitely an amazing find. (Bravo, Jimmy!)) But do we really know Lillian's address? It's clear that she lives on E. 67th St., but what is that street number to the left of the "E"? Is that 1413? If so, that would put her way over on the other side of the East River, (outside of Manhattan), somewhere in Queens on a street that isn't even called 67th St.

It's either 1413 or 1423. The eBay listing put it as 1423.

HarryCarter    964

423 was certainly on Lucy's mind when they filmed the episode.

I'd love to know the provenance of this!

Me too!

• Like 2

LittleRickyII    305

Well as the addresses in that part of Manhattan only go up to about the 400 block, a 1423 address is pretty incredible.  I think this postcard ultimately got stamped "return to sender, address unknown."

Mot Morenzi    1,404

Well as the addresses in that part of Manhattan only go up to about the 400 block, a 1423 address is pretty incredible.  I think this postcard ultimately got stamped "return to sender, address unknown."

Well, fictional addresses were hardly revolutionary on that show, if Fred and Ethel owning a building in the middle of the East River was any indication :)

• Like 1

Brock    3,296

Oh, those travelling ...pieces of stock footage. I’m just watching Cluny Brown and Jennifer Jones and Charles Boyer are going to Peter Lawford’s pad, which looks suspiciously like Sir Clive Richardson’s place — complete with the three swans a-swimming. 

D3D3FC93-0ED6-40F8-8696-C250341B5722.jpeg

• Like 1

Freddie2    793

We’ve been briskly pushing our way through Roseanne in preparation for the revival, and I’ve noticed that a lot of food items seem to belong to the same “brand” of potato chip that Curtis so enjoyed (and Lucy destroyed!) The packaging always has basic white lettering and a black background- I most recently saw an orange juice carton with the label. Was this a legitimate brand in the mid-late 80s or just communal, royalty-free packaging for sitcoms?

HarryCarter    964

The book Lucy Carter's hospital roommate is reading was authored by Henry Fonda's character from the 1964 film The Best Man.

tumblr_inline_p13vc4HwZZ1rvl0vd_1280.jpg

413871557.jpg

• Like 1

Mot Morenzi    1,404
10 minutes ago, HarryCarter said:

The book Lucy Carter's hospital roommate is reading was authored by Henry Fonda's character from the 1964 film The Best Man.

413871557.jpg

Great find!

• Like 1

JoeySoCal    999
On 3/20/2018 at 4:08 PM, Freddie2 said:

We’ve been briskly pushing our way through Roseanne in preparation for the revival, and I’ve noticed that a lot of food items seem to belong to the same “brand” of potato chip that Curtis so enjoyed (and Lucy destroyed!) The packaging always has basic white lettering and a black background- I most recently saw an orange juice carton with the label. Was this a legitimate brand in the mid-late 80s or just communal, royalty-free packaging for sitcoms?

I'm thinking they used the same prop house. :peachonthebeach:

• Like 1

Brock    3,296
On 4/29/2018 at 4:40 PM, HarryCarter said:

413871557.jpg

I guess it wasn't exactly a conversation starter in the hospital.

Freddie2    793

From a 1952 episode of The Red Skelton Show:

5b29e0b71b4ed_ScreenShot2018-06-20at1_02_45AM.png.1e7aa169464224f82e9952fe7fcf6c23.png

Was this a common doorframe back in the day? I have no idea how it could end up on the Skelton show, which was on NBC at the time. Most of the show was filmed at CBS Television City, but I don't know for sure where its first two seasons were shot. The door is unequivocally the same as the Ricardo's, with similar "shades", and it's even placed at a similar angle on the set. Does anybody have any idea what the heck could be going on here?

HarryCarter    964

I never noticed before that there's a big portrait of Lucy as Madame Du Barry in the Desilu Workshop players dressing room in The Desilu Revue.

• Like 1

Brock    3,296
On 2015-11-23 at 2:08 PM, Brock said:

I have a feeling the round shelf behind Eve appeared on an ILL episode, but can't place it. Any thought?

s-l1600.jpg

The picture might have disappeared at the whim of TinyPic, but the shelf in question is just inside the salon door on the right side in The Black Wig.

Luvsbway    1,938
26 minutes ago, Brock said:

Burns & Allen not only borrowed Ross Elliott, but also their wall-hangings:

image.png

Ah, Mary has that picture. 

Brock    3,296

The iconic streetscape painting behind the Ricardo piano in the first apartment can be seen behind Joan Crawford’s shoulder in Sudden Fear, as she’s introduced to Gloria Grahame’s Irene for the first time at the reception.