Oh, Those Traveling Props!

• 1 month later...

Remember that LOOK magazine cover that Lucy Ricardo appeared on, in "Men Are Messy"? Here's that fun prop along with the real issue of the actual magazine. (Interesting to note that the episode was filmed on October 25, 1951 and aired on December 3rd but the actual magazine they used was from August 14th.)

MenAreMessyLookCover_Real_Issue.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I love this thread -- you all have great eyes! :marionstrong:

Just lost a longer post to here, but the gist of it was this: In TLS Lucy & Viv Open a Restaurant, when they switch to Colonial decor, I THINK that Lucy Ricardo's housewarming candlestick is near the bottom of the bookcase in the background. (Sorry - I don't know how to post the pictures).

:lucy2::viv1::ill::)

I love this thread -- you all have great eyes! :marionstrong:

Just lost a longer post to here, but the gist of it was this: In TLS Lucy & Viv Open a Restaurant, when they switch to Colonial decor, I THINK that Lucy Ricardo's housewarming candlestick is near the bottom of the bookcase in the background. (Sorry - I don't know how to post the pictures).

:lucy2::viv1::ill::)

Checked both shows and while it's close, it's not the same.

A few years back, Brock told us about the same set used for the "The Black Wig" and "The Diner" episodes from "I Love Lucy" (which made sense, as they were back to back shows). Here's two shots as a reminder.

BlkWig_Diner.jpg

DinerClosets.jpg

What is interesting as well...those storage closets in the back were taken out of 'storage' (ha!) and used again in The Lucy Show episode, "Lucy and Viv Open a Restaurant" from Season 2.

ColonialInn_Closets.jpg

Sure would like to know where they ultimately ended up.

Good catch on the cabinets, Rickee! :D

Thought I had one with those candlesticks -- thanks for checking it out. :lucy1:

I recently watched the Ethel Merman & the Boy Scout Show & thought that the parasol Viv used was the same one Lucy used in her Show Business Swan Song episode.

:lucysmirk: "I was strolling through the park one day, in the merry merry month of May; I was taken by surprise, by a pair of roguish eyessss ......"

:desi1: : " ... and you can put that parasol away, bom bom!"

:lucyblah:

I popped in the Swan Song episode to check & it was different.

One of these day I hope to find one. Keep 'em coming! :D

• 1 month later...

OK, I may have found two in the same episode B)

In the TLS, when the Countess moves into Lucy's house with her many suitcases, surely one of the smaller beige ones held Ethel's good longerie ... :viv1:

And the tall black one looks like the same one Lucy got locked into on ILL. The top is even rounded -- the other suitcase placed on it doesn't lay flat.

Doc: "All that is is an eye, an eye, a nose and a mouth. I've seen so many."

(Looooved the singing & dancing doctor! "Skip to my Lou MY DAR-LING!" :hlLOL::lol: )

Remember the ceramic cats from The Lucy Show episode? (Hold that thought a minute ;))

I bought The Mothers-in-Law DVD series because of the great reviews I read here, and also because I wasn't aware, until I read it here, that it was written by Bob & Madelyn,& produced by Desi.

So, I'm watching the MIL episode "Everyone Wants to be a Writer", and (OK, go back to thinking about ceramic cats :lucythrill: ) in one scene Roger is typing next to a wall of hats, and there on a dresser is one of the cats, painted bright yellow!

• 3 months later...

Here's one: the same outfit worn by Lucy in "Lucy & The Beauty Doctor" was let out and lengthened for Joan "My Last Name Is NOT Collins" Blondell for "Lucy, The Stunt Man":

beautydoctor-stunt.jpg

Note the name of "Doris Grau" on the door behind Lucy. I never noticed the name on the door before, but I still wonder what her actual capacity was on the show. She was also the recipient of one of Mooney's gifts in Lucy, The Choir Master. She was the script girl on a number of shows through the ages, but I can never find any info on her stint with TLS. She is probably best known today as the original voice of Lunch Lady Doris on The Simpsons.

Here's one: the same outfit worn by Lucy in "Lucy & The Beauty Doctor" was let out and lengthened for Joan "My Last Name Is NOT Collins" Blondell for "Lucy, The Stunt Man":

beautydoctor-stunt.jpg

Note the name of "Doris Grau" on the door behind Lucy. I never noticed the name on the door before, but I still wonder what her actual capacity was on the show. She was also the recipient of one of Mooney's gifts in Lucy, The Choir Master. She was the script girl on a number of shows through the ages, but I can never find any info on her stint with TLS. She is probably best known today as the original voice of Lunch Lady Doris on The Simpsons.

Thanks, Rick! Such a keen eye! So why do you think the dress was let out?? ;)

• 7 months later...

I could have sworn Rick revived his original thread here from the old Lounge but can't find it. If can find it, please post the link so I can merge the topics.

Anyway, while watching this glorious new season five set I noticed this bit of wardrobe recycling...not sure if it has been posted before:

viv-visits-lucy-london.jpg

I could have sworn Rick revived his original thread here from the old Lounge but can't find it. If can find it, please post the link so I can merge the topics.

Anyway, while watching this glorious new season five set I noticed this bit of wardrobe recycling...not sure if it has been posted before:

viv-visits-lucy-london.jpg

Wow, keen-eye! :D

• Like 1