Question about Miss Ball

Irene Kampen Tripp

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the dvd releases of Madame's post ILL series, I was.wondering if her estate or anyone associated.with her gets a residule? I hope.it doesn't just go to.CBS...

Desi sold ILL to CBS. But Lucy owned Desilu which owned The Lucy show, which reverted to Gulf and Western when they bought the studio, also her movie Yours Mine and Ours of which she owned 25percent. I know she sought to make some money off her last series, Here's Lucy, but that was released to syndication thru Telepictures, I dunno how much of that one she got but it didn't do so well in syndication anyway. So I can't answer your question without at least clarifying that CBS does not make money off her two later series. Unless of course CBS owns Paramount which acquired Gulf and Western's Desilu and could even own Telepictures for all I know, complicated ain't it? I suppose the kids got some residuals from their own roles on the later series.

With the dvd releases of Madame's post ILL series, I was.wondering if her estate or anyone associated.with her gets a residule? I hope.it doesn't just go to.CBS...

Jess Oppenheimer did not sell his stake in the series and I believe his family still makes something from it.

I assume they all received residuals as actors. That would be separate from actually "owning" the show. However, I'm sure any residuals Lucy, Desi, Bill, and VIv received ran out YEARS ago... actors receive residuals on a sliding scale once the show goes into syndication.

It also depends on how their contracts were written, because re-runs and syndication were literally invented with "I Love Lucy", so who knows what type of stipulations, if any, were in their contracts as far as residuals go.

Sorry, didn't realize there was a daughter, in addition to Gregg; or, does Gregg have a daughter?

Gregg has a sister named Joanne. I don't know if he himself has children or is married, but he was walking around with a woman at Lucy Lane when we saw him so...lol.

He's married and his wife's name is Deborah. Not sure on kids. When Lucy is picking out baby names the Gregory or Joanne she mentions are Gregg and his sister. The name pairing turns up again about a couple getting divorced.

You mean the one who got in a fight in one restaurant and the police came that Lucy acted out???

No I think it was mentioned by someone and Lucy seems shocked and mentions their names.

Oh the group of women gossipin? I think I remember the one you mean. But I thought that was the one Lucy later had to pantomime what happened to them when she had tape on her mouth and acted out the whole thin. Oh wait, that was The Gossip wasn't it?

No I think it was mentioned by someone and Lucy seems shocked and mentions their names.

Gregory and Joanne's separation is mentioned at the beginning of The Camping Trip and the discussion is what leads Lucy to try to prove to her girl friends that she and Ricky have all the same interests.

Betty and Jack were the ones who got arrested in a nightclub brawl.

Gregory and Joanne's separation is mentioned at the beginning of The Camping Trip and the discussion is what leads Lucy to try to prove to her girl friends that she and Ricky have all the same interests.

Betty and Jack were the ones who got arrested in a nightclub brawl.

I was spectin you to clear things up, thanks. I really have to start watching those shows more often.

In his best Mertz tone: "Who's Joanne??" :lucythrill:

He had two others like that . . . that series of one liners, HOW'S HE, WONDER WHY, ETC FROM THE HOLLYWOOD EPS. Then there's the other one where he wants to be ready when meeting Ricky to have all the answers as he's practicing on Lucy to deny everything in his involvement in one of her crazy schemes.

I wonder just how much money CBS makes in a year now on I Love Lucy? Any guess to how much CBS made on it in 2012? And I think Lucie and Desi Jr. own the rights to Lucy and Desi images plus Here's Lucy and the 1970's Lucille Ball Specials.

CBS President Les Moonves estimates ILL still makes the company $20 million annually.

Archived