The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread (Vol. 4)

Brock

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hatr.jpg

flo.jpg

TWO of my all-time favorite shots, the top one (hat) most likely an Engstead, who loved to shoot her outside and use natural (sun)light.  Never learned who took the bottom one, in promotion for then gearing up Life With Lucy, and despite her respective age here, I honestly feel she's every bit as stunningly beautiful as she was in the top photograph, easily taken a good two decades earlier!  Remarkable. :lucyhehe:

• 3 weeks later...

lon.jpg

Hmmm... Great as it is, photos like this always make me wonder, what was the thinking etc. behind when/where she wore her "complete regalia", as I like to think of it; i.e. wig, full make up AND "contraption" on and cranked up full force, because it sure doesn't look like she's "strapped up" (as a friend and I used to lovingly joke about it) here, at least not in this shot; yet, it looks like it was taken between set-ups since she's in costume and otherwise "camera ready". 

You'd think I'd remember given I just recently rewatched it but now I can't recall, was Irma not along for this journey?? The wig work looks like hers but it just seems funny she doesn't appear to be wearing the whole magilla here as she normally would for filming.

I've always wondered too just how long she could endure wearing the contraption before she couldn't stand it anymore (it had to become very uncomfortable after awhile) and literally had to rip her face off...so to speak. (Not "Face/Off" Travolta & Cage face off but...you know what I mean!! :blink::lucyhorror: 

Hmmm... Great as it is, photos like this always make me wonder, what was the thinking etc. behind when/where she wore her "complete regalia", as I like to think of it; i.e. wig, full make up AND "contraption" on and cranked up full force, because it sure doesn't look like she's "strapped up" (as a friend and I used to lovingly joke about it) here, at least not in this shot; yet, it looks like it was taken between set-ups since she's in costume and otherwise "camera ready".

You'd think I'd remember given I just recently rewatched it but now I can't recall, was Irma not along for this journey?? The wig work looks like hers but it just seems funny she doesn't appear to be wearing the whole magilla here as she normally would for filming.

I've always wondered too just how long she could endure wearing the contraption before she couldn't stand it anymore (it had to become very uncomfortable after awhile) and literally had to rip her face off...so to speak. (Not "Face/Off" Travolta & Cage face off but...you know what I mean!! :blink: ) :lucyhorror:

This was in London but not during the actual shooting of the special as she didn't wear it in the show. This seemed like part of a press thing and part photoshoot as I have photos of her with Gary in too. Maybe a kick off to filming thing. For the show I'm sure it was all hands on deck and Irma was there.

• Like 1