Lucie joins national tour of Pippin

Brock

I'll probably get my tickets today. I'm going Wed mat. I'll probably get a side orchestra on the aisle. Is there a side of the stage she is on more than another or is she mostly center?

Lucie is on the left side (from the audience's perspective) for about 90% of her stage time. I sat in row L on the left and it was a great view.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great interview!

Here's another nice interview with Lucie:

http://www.broadwaybox.com/daily-scoop/we-love-lucie-5-fantastic-quotes-from-pippin-star-lucie-arnaz/

I like what she says about DeDe. The voice she uses in the show reminds me of her impression of DeDe. I wonder if that's intentional.

Saw Pippin today. Damn this was amazing. I'm not going to describe too much or give away her trapeze act details as to not spoil it for those who are seeing it soon. Part of my thrill was not knowing what was coming next. If you want specifics you can PM me.

Jimmy was correct she was in a good bit of the show for being a cameo part. Her scene/song was longer than I anticipated too.

Her scene she played very well and with some great timing too. The song was wonderful and I think it's the best one in the show. She got the crowd to sing along too.

As for the trapeze act all I can say is DAMN. This girl looked fantastic. Its very evident where those long legs came from. The act itself was amazing. I don't think I can even justify how amazing it was. She looked flawless and executed it perfect. I was completely enraptured from the beginning and it kept getting better and better as it went on. The audience was so on board with all of it. The crowd was amazed at how great she looked when she revealed her trapeze costume as was made audibly evident. I think I may have heard gasps and applauds during the act. Maybe that was me. When it finished you knew this was the showstopper. The audience loved it.

You could tell through the whole show how much fun she was having on stage. I'm so glad she chose to do this show.

As for the show itself it was really great. So much going on and a big treat to see the original Fosse choreography. I was fixated during some of those numbers. I was also making mental notes to where I have scene these Fosse elements before. The sex montage was very similar to the Air Erotica number in All That Jazz. I'll be watching that again this weekend to compare.

If you have the oppertunity to see this show GO, GO, GO. Come for Lucie who is in top form, stay for a great show.

This is the worst/oldest I've ever seen Lucie look, but even at her worst she STILL looks like a 37 year old woman who hasn't yet

quite pulled herself together in the morning. 

Not knocking the interviewer but is anyone besides me getting a little tired of the word "ICONIC"?

loo

Another good interview.

I'm very intrigued by Lucie's possible upcoming projects.

I would like just one interview that does not mention her parents. There is so much she is doing in this show that is worth talking about.

I got talking to a group of "matinee ladies" at intermission yesterday when I jumped in to answer their how old is she question. They then asked me alot about her and even knew who she was married too. I ran down the whole tour v bway thing with this show too. Not one time in our whole 10 min. conversation did they ask me anything about her parents. It was refreshing.

I agree Neil, never saw her looking so old, she usually defies aging.  Early morning indeed, you should see me at only a year older than her yet looking twenty years older.  As for you Shel, why shouldn't they ask about her parents, they're the reason she's around today and although you're right, she's had many accomplishments on her own, not the least of which would be raising great kids nowadays, but I'm sure Liza still gets asked about her famous parents also.

I did get a kick out of bio. She listed her kids and husband as her credits and if you wanted the full bio just go to her website.

I love when she talks about her parents but in a short interview about a current project with nothing to do with them just talk about the related info.

Archived