New Lucy Books

Mister Hepburn

And some insights on Lucy's also, dun't forget. She was his landlady at the studio and the mother of his children.

Very true. I wish we would've gotten more written by Lucy and Desi after the early 1960's.

Out of all the autobiographies I have read Lucy and Desi's are so 'real' to me. I can hear them saying each word in those books. One thing that is surprising is that I could understand Desi. ;)

What was outlined there in that letter would have made a fascinating book.  I only know bits and pieces of his life after 60' and what I do know is on the professional side.  I have always wanted to know more about Edie.  You hear so little about her but what I have heard is great.  Lucie talks about her a little in the TV Academy interview.  She says that the reason they were able to stay married was because Edie knew how to handle him.  She goes onto say that both Lucy and Edie got along very well, even playing cards together.  Lucie says her dad dated a bunch of blonde bimbos after the divorce but was very happy when he picked Edie.  The whole family had known her as they were on the other side of the Durante's in DelMar.  

Lucie also talked about the breading farm as well.  Basically what Desi says about it here and what he wanted to show his kids is really what she got out of it and said it was a great experience.

And no wonder I have such a hard time keeping track of all the houses, there are alot. 

Very true. I wish we would've gotten more written by Lucy and Desi after the early 1960's.

Out of all the autobiographies I have read Lucy and Desi's are so 'real' to me. I can hear them saying each word in those books. One thing that is surprising is that I could understand Desi. ;)

Yeah, he doesn't write with an accent.  True, both their books are written so beautifully and honestly, you can hear them utter every single word.

What was outlined there in that letter would have made a fascinating book.  I only know bits and pieces of his life after 60' and what I do know is on the professional side.  I have always wanted to know more about Edie.  You hear so little about her but what I have heard is great.  Lucie talks about her a little in the TV Academy interview.  She says that the reason they were able to stay married was because Edie knew how to handle him.  She goes onto say that both Lucy and Edie got along very well, even playing cards together.  Lucie says her dad dated a bunch of blonde bimbos after the divorce but was very happy when he picked Edie.  The whole family had known her as they were on the other side of the Durante's in DelMar.  

Lucie also talked about the breading farm as well.  Basically what Desi says about it here and what he wanted to show his kids is really what she got out of it and said it was a great experience.

And no wonder I have such a hard time keeping track of all the houses, there are alot. 

You know hon, the more I read that YOU have written, including recent PM's, YOU should write a Lucy book from a fan's point of view, analyzing every show, every feeling they had for one another.  The chapters on rings and clothes and houses alone, well, those three chapters would write themselves with what you know.

Claude you mention the name he confronted her with name about the guy in NYC.  Over in the Lucille book by Brady he was on board The Queen Mary sailing to Europe, took a ship to shore call and came back to the railing with tears in his eyes.  According to Jack Aldworth who he was sailing with the call was probably from a detective and it upset him deeply.  I'm pretty sure from that story he may have had hunches about her activities in NYC and hired someone to check up on her.  Assuming that maybe he got word about this guy, which makes the name and phone number confrontation a little more credible as to it was more than just a business acquaintance.  Maybe he was just waiting for the right time to confront her with it.

Claude you mention the name he confronted her with name about the guy in NYC.  Over in the Lucille book by Brady he was on board The Queen Mary sailing to Europe, took a ship to shore call and came back to the railing with tears in his eyes.  According to Jack Aldworth who he was sailing with the call was probably from a detective and it upset him deeply.  I'm pretty sure from that story he may have had hunches about her activities in NYC and hired someone to check up on her.  Assuming that maybe he got word about this guy, which makes the name and phone number confrontation a little more credible as to it was more than just a business acquaintance.  Maybe he was just waiting for the right time to confront her with it.

I still think it was gary.

So, he had her followed, they had not lived together as husband and wife or had sex for a year, was she supposed to be a sex camel or something???  So HIS detective had that ONE name, HER detectives had 2743 names for his philandering, LOL!

Oh I never said she was wrong in doing it..  For all the reasons that you mention right there in the first sentence he should have known before then it was over, but the account in the book says that was pretty much the indication he needed that it really was even though neither would say it. 

The fact that they didn't have sex for the last 2 years I have heard accounted to the fact that he did not find her attractive anymore.  To me I don't think this meant physically, but emotionally.  I think it was more of a I have such a disconnect with this other person and they have become someone I don't know anymore that there was no way to get over a hatred brewing to let yourself be with someone on such an intimate level.  I do have a shred of hope that maybe post filing for divorce and before Gary was really in the picture that they were able to have one last time together.  They had opportunity after the FOL accident and during Wildcat rehearsals/out of town/opening.

Oh I never said she was wrong in doing it..  For all the reasons that you mention right there in the first sentence he should have known before then it was over, but the account in the book says that was pretty much the indication he needed that it really was even though neither would say it. 

The fact that they didn't have sex for the last 2 years I have heard accounted to the fact that he did not find her attractive anymore.  To me I don't think this meant physically, but emotionally.  I think it was more of a I have such a disconnect with this other person and they have become someone I don't know anymore that there was no way to get over a hatred brewing to let yourself be with someone on such an intimate level.  I do have a shred of hope that maybe post filing for divorce and before Gary was really in the picture that they were able to have one last time together.  They had opportunity after the FOL accident and during Wildcat rehearsals/out of town/opening.

Yeah, I remember the one writer telling him, why can't you just *uck her to make her happy and the time he said WHAT'S HER PROBLEM, THEY'RE ALL PROSTITUES AND DON'T MEAN A THING TO ME.  And i'll never forget how happy Desi was when Lucy did that LOOK interview and said she liked playing games also.  Finally, she was saying I don't give a hoot about my General Foods image and saying she did it too.  I think she even referenced the PLAYING GAMES bit in that Barbara Walters interview.

So, he had her followed, they had not lived together as husband and wife or had sex for a year, was she supposed to be a sex camel or something???  So HIS detective had that ONE name, HER detectives had 2743 names for his philandering, LOL!

SEX CAMEL???!  What the hell is a "sex camel"??? :vanda:  :peachonthebeach:  :HALKING:

• Like 1