Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RodMcK1

Lucy on Carol Burnett Show

Recommended Posts

If you have amazon prime, a handful of early Carol Burnett shows are available for no extra fee including Lucy’s first appearance in 1967.  The episode appears to be complete.  The episode includes the “Argentine Cafe” and car rental sketches.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RodMcK1 said:

If you have amazon prime, a handful of early Carol Burnett shows are available for no extra fee including Lucy’s first appearance in 1967.  The episode appears to be complete.  The episode includes the “Argentine Cafe” and car rental sketches.

Does it run for an hour? If not, it's not "complete". I read somewhere these have all the musical numbers hacked out and only run 30 minutes, like the run-to-death "Carol Burnett and Friends" syndicated episodes they've run for years. :vanda:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JoeySoCal said:

Does it run for an hour? If not, it's not "complete". I read somewhere these have all the musical numbers hacked out and only run 30 minutes, like the run-to-death "Carol Burnett and Friends" syndicated episodes they've run for years. :vanda:

They run 51 minutes so allow for commercials and we're pretty close.

The 2 with Lucy I watched had musical numbers in, including the ones Lucy was in. Boys In The Backroom is there.

And I've now got Lucy kissing, and kissing and kissing Lyle Wagner on repeat. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Luvsbway said:

They run 51 minutes so allow for commercials and we're pretty close.

The 2 with Lucy I watched had musical numbers in, including the ones Lucy was in. Boys In The Backroom is there.

And I've now got Lucy kissing, and kissing and kissing Lyle Wagner on repeat. 

Yay! Then these ARE 'full length' if they left the musical numbers in! Woohoo! Can'gt wait to check 'em out! :HALKING:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:50 PM, JoeySoCal said:

Does it run for an hour? If not, it's not "complete". I read somewhere these have all the musical numbers hacked out and only run 30 minutes, like the run-to-death "Carol Burnett and Friends" syndicated episodes they've run for years. :vanda:

I believe that's what's happening to the versions to be played on MeTV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, ME-TV only shows the 30 minute versions. Are the CB episodes that are streaming - the same episodes that are out on DVD? Hopefully they have more available for streaming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, mickie said:

Yes, ME-TV only shows the 30 minute versions. Are the CB episodes that are streaming - the same episodes that are out on DVD? Hopefully they have more available for streaming. 

Yes, looks that way. That's why I'm happy for the streaming because the sets that you need to get to get all the Lucy episodes are pretty $$.  

I'm sure it's been posted here somewhere, but how many episodes did Lucy appear on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Luvsbway said:

Yes, looks that way. That's why I'm happy for the streaming because the sets that you need to get to get all the Lucy episodes are pretty $$.  

I'm sure it's been posted here somewhere, but how many episodes did Lucy appear on?

Lucy was in four episodes. The first three were released on the first box set of the “lost” episodes and the fourth was on the 50th anniversary collection set. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...