Lucy on Carol Burnett Show

3 hours ago, RodMcK1 said:

If you have amazon prime, a handful of early Carol Burnett shows are available for no extra fee including Lucy’s first appearance in 1967.  The episode appears to be complete.  The episode includes the “Argentine Cafe” and car rental sketches.

Does it run for an hour? If not, it's not "complete". I read somewhere these have all the musical numbers hacked out and only run 30 minutes, like the run-to-death "Carol Burnett and Friends" syndicated episodes they've run for years. :vanda:

11 hours ago, JoeySoCal said:

Does it run for an hour? If not, it's not "complete". I read somewhere these have all the musical numbers hacked out and only run 30 minutes, like the run-to-death "Carol Burnett and Friends" syndicated episodes they've run for years. :vanda:

They run 51 minutes so allow for commercials and we're pretty close.

The 2 with Lucy I watched had musical numbers in, including the ones Lucy was in. Boys In The Backroom is there.

And I've now got Lucy kissing, and kissing and kissing Lyle Wagner on repeat. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Luvsbway said:

They run 51 minutes so allow for commercials and we're pretty close.

The 2 with Lucy I watched had musical numbers in, including the ones Lucy was in. Boys In The Backroom is there.

And I've now got Lucy kissing, and kissing and kissing Lyle Wagner on repeat. 

Yay! Then these ARE 'full length' if they left the musical numbers in! Woohoo! Can'gt wait to check 'em out! :HALKING:

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:50 PM, JoeySoCal said:

I believe that's what's happening to the versions to be played on MeTV.

35 minutes ago, mickie said:

Yes, ME-TV only shows the 30 minute versions. Are the CB episodes that are streaming - the same episodes that are out on DVD? Hopefully they have more available for streaming. 

Yes, looks that way. That's why I'm happy for the streaming because the sets that you need to get to get all the Lucy episodes are pretty $$.  

I'm sure it's been posted here somewhere, but how many episodes did Lucy appear on?

11 minutes ago, Luvsbway said:

Yes, looks that way. That's why I'm happy for the streaming because the sets that you need to get to get all the Lucy episodes are pretty $$.  

I'm sure it's been posted here somewhere, but how many episodes did Lucy appear on?

Lucy was in four episodes. The first three were released on the first box set of the “lost” episodes and the fourth was on the 50th anniversary collection set. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1