What episodes are you watching on "I Love Lucy"?

I've been taking a break from I Love Lucy. I've seen A LOT of episodes within the past few months (thanks to Hallmark Channel) and they already being repeated thus they are not fresh to me. 

Well, kinda hard to keep something FRESH after 62 years you know, LOL!  For me, Lucy had her baby so now we enjoy the flashback episodes.

Try watching the show for over fifty years and then see how fresh it is.  They played the whole series in ONE month???

Yes, the way The Hallmark Channel is airing the show it takes about one month to get through one cycle (6x a day M-F, 8x a day on weekends). Now multiple that ten times. They go through ten cycles per year. Now can you see why it isn't so fresh?

The age of a show has nothing to do how fresh it is. It is the number of times it is aired and/or seen that determines how fresh it is.

There are number of old classic shows that are fresh to me in part because I haven't seen them in awhile. Get what I mean?

Yes, the way The Hallmark Channel is airing the show it takes about one month to get through one cycle (6x a day M-F, 8x a day on weekends). Now multiple that ten times. They go through ten cycles per year. Now can you see why it isn't so fresh?

The age of a show has nothing to do how fresh it is. It is the number of times it is aired and/or seen that determines how fresh it is.

There are number of old classic shows that are fresh to me in part because I haven't seen them in awhile. Get what I mean?

Oh yeah, I GET it.  Geez, no wonder you guys keep talking about Hallmark, that's just ridiculous to air the whole series in only one month.

• 1 month later...

TV Land ran a few ILLs yesterday morning:

"Gossip Bet" was the first episode that was completely realistic, more what the show would become rather than just silly (but enjoyable and extremely funny) other first season entries to date.  Lucy is smart rather than scatterbrained.

And "Pioneer Women" which other than Florence Bates, Fred 23-skidoo-ing and famous bread sight gag doesn't have much. I can see the Society Matrons League MAYBE considering Lucy as a member, but Ethel??  It's the silliest of the bet episodes.  The men don't have much to lose.  The equivalent bet today would be to not use anything invented after 1962!!  I barely do now!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

But tonight they showed two of the all time best eps ever.  The writers must have been resting while writing  Rodeo so they could make these incredibly funny and well crafted eps that followed, Ricky's European booking and The Passports were so great.  Although Viv had the best line in the first IS SHE GOING WITH US?  I was on the phone when she uttered the line so well that I will be watching it when it plays again at Midnight.  As for Passports, everything on this one is funny, the premise, the execution and yes, the lines, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH YOUNGER SHE IS SINCE YOU JUST WALKED IN.  I could skip to ma Lu on a loop for this one.

Tonight I'm going to watch:

First Stop

The Dancing Star (one of my favorites!)

After that, I'm going to see How to Steal a Million (Audrey Hepburn movie). :)

"Dancing Star' is one of my all-time fave eps too! ;)

I just saw "Funny Face" recently with Hepburn, Kay Thompson, Astaire and our own Ruta Lee.  Have you seen/if so, do you like that one?? If you haven't seen it and are okay with musicals (and since you love Audrey), I'd highly recommend it. :D