Lucy Forgets her glasses at the Emmy's.

Annaleigh

Whist this may seem funny this was actually a terrible experience for our beloved Lucy. Moments before she came onstage she gets a prank phone call telling her that Desi Jr. is dead. It takes a few moments to comfirm that the call is bogus, but by this time she is in complete shock. Milton Berle could see she was stressed and comes to her aid. It seems funny but when you know the story behind it it's quite disturbing.

Whist this may seem funny this was actually a terrible experience for our beloved Lucy. Moments before she came onstage she gets a prank phone call telling her that Desi Jr. is dead. It takes a few moments to comfirm that the call is bogus, but by this time she is in complete shock. Milton Berle could see she was stressed and comes to her aid. It seems funny but when you know the story behind it it's quite disturbing.

Oh my god. That is terrible. This was on The Insider this weekend as one of Emmy's Greatest Moments.

I was glad when this clip surfaced a couple years ago because it's a perfect example of Geoffery Mark Fidelman's penchant for 'zaggerating. I'm well aware of the horrible backstory to this clip, but I hardly think Lucy looks like she's "losing it" or that it's "one of the most embarrassing moments of her career," as our beloved "Lucy Book" author/distant relative of Herbie Kenwith describes it. ;)

I was glad when this clip surfaced a couple years ago because it's a perfect example of Geoffery Mark Fidelman's penchant for 'zaggerating. I'm well aware of the horrible backstory to this clip, but I hardly think Lucy looks like she's "losing it" or that it's "one of the most embarrassing moments of her career," as our beloved "Lucy Book" author/distant relative of Herbie Kenwith describes it. ;)

Ohhhh, GOOD ONE! I think he was a cousin of moron thompson too! Bette Davis had a worse one at The Oscars when she was going to give out the award before naming the nominees, looked awful and spoke badly and Robert Wise had to come on to bail her out.

Ohhhh, GOOD ONE! I think he was a cousin of moron thompson too!

:marionstrong: :marionstrong: :marionstrong: :marionstrong:

You know I don't worship Saint Lucy but when it comes to Maury Thompson, talk about bitter grapes! I don't have his experiences or his memories but some of his comments are just wacked! I was just flipping through The Lucy Book the other day and was <_< when I read one of Maury's anecdotes. In the wise words of Ricky Riskerdoo, some of those stories will really make your blood cuddle!

:marionstrong: :marionstrong: :marionstrong: :marionstrong:

You know I don't worship Saint Lucy but when it comes to Maury Thompson, talk about bitter grapes! I don't have his experiences or his memories but some of his comments are just wacked! I was just flipping through The Lucy Book the other day and was <_< when I read one of Maury's anecdotes. In the wise words of Ricky Riskerdoo, some of those stories will really make your blood cuddle!

I know, some people just don't like the fact that they did not make a fortune off of her so now later in life they get to give fantastic quotes for books to ensure their fame in the Lucy firmament and the meaner the quote, the more of a guarantee it will be included to make the books salacious. So they can sell well of course. Remember the time he got pissed as she wouldn't invest his money for him, wasn't his salary enough and her giving him the director's job? He also wanted her to be his stock broker?

Archived