Lucy & Bob Remember It Well

Brock

She looks damn hawt there. Love the color and her facial expressions are cute too. Have this video in my 'favorites' on YouTube.

And I BELIEVE this was her first appearance after Life with Lucy. Think it was later in the season (not counting Password). She does look great her. She's adept at making these cue carded jokes seem as spontaneous as possible. Was "Life With" just a negative blip in her career? Perhaps it was too much work all at once for a 75 year old. Because here she still (as a critic reviewing "Without Love" said) "pitches her lines like an expert ballplayer".

I remember this reference to "Facts of Life" in the lyrics but thought it odd at the time because "Facts" had been shown on TV only once as a presentation of the ABC Sunday Night movie in 1964 (it may have been rerun that season). It's 1961 opening was before my time but I don't think it made much of a splash so a 1987 audience wouldn't even know there was such a movie. For reasons unexplained to me, legal I think, it was never shown on local stations and had its comeback debut at the Loving Lucy convention in 1996 which was the first time I saw it. It's grown on me but the first viewing did not overly impressed me. With all the build-up I may have been expecting too much. It's so TV---in black and white with all those TV people: Don Defore, Louis Nye and newly bachelored PHIl OBER.

And I BELIEVE this was her first appearance after Life with Lucy. Think it was later in the season (not counting Password). She does look great her. She's adept at making these cue carded jokes seem as spontaneous as possible. Was "Life With" just a negative blip in her career? Perhaps it was too much work all at once for a 75 year old. Because here she still (as a critic reviewing "Without Love" said) "pitches her lines like an expert ballplayer".

I remember this reference to "Facts of Life" in the lyrics but thought it odd at the time because "Facts" had been shown on TV only once as a presentation of the ABC Sunday Night movie in 1964 (it may have been rerun that season). It's 1961 opening was before my time but I don't think it made much of a splash so a 1987 audience wouldn't even know there was such a movie. For reasons unexplained to me, legal I think, it was never shown on local stations and had its comeback debut at the Loving Lucy convention in 1996 which was the first time I saw it. It's grown on me but the first viewing did not overly impressed me. With all the build-up I may have been expecting too much. It's so TV---in black and white with all those TV people: Don Defore, Louis Nye and newly bachelored PHIl OBER.

Yes, but the one good thing about Facts of Life was both she and Hope were acting outside their regular characters and being in something more sophisticated and adult than their usual fare. Oscar nominations for a Lucy/Hope movie, usually unheard of. It's grown on me also. Wish Lover Come Back (With Lucy), would also make a reappearance, you never see that one at all.

But wait! There's more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XjtTpUx3SQ

I wonder whatever happened to Webster.

Well, could have lived without that one, i mean, the star of Bedtime for Bonzo, what a thrill! Lucy standing next to Webster, and her liking TALL men, poor thing. I'd be curious to see what he looks like now though.

Archived