Who Makes the World Laugh II

Brock

I love how she laughed uproariously at his stale jokes as if they were the funniest things ever. NOW THAT'S ACTING!

She certainly had a real talent for that! :lucymeh: I think I have outtakes of this on a tape Claude sent me. After Lucy says that Bob is the only person who can do a love scene and practice his golf swing at the same time, didn't Bob say something like, "What better way for a girl to learn to keep her head down?" Guess that didn't make it on TV! :peachonthebeach: I remember Lucy laughed hysterically at that, which would explain, in this clip, why she's still laughing when Bob asks her about I Love Lucy.

Alright, seriously, how many damn times do we need to hear the joke about getting "I Love Lucy" on electric appliances? I swear they told that joke everytime they got together. And the not being able to say the word "pregnant" on TV back in 1953, "nowadays they show you how to do it." Heard that one a bunch too. :lucydisgust:

Bob Hope's humor was a lot like Gary's. No wonder Lucy thought he was funny lol.

She certainly had a real talent for that! :lucymeh: I think I have outtakes of this on a tape Claude sent me. After Lucy says that Bob is the only person who can do a love scene and practice his golf swing at the same time, didn't Bob say something like, "What better way for a girl to learn to keep her head down?" Guess that didn't make it on TV! :peachonthebeach: I remember Lucy laughed hysterically at that, which would explain, in this clip, why she's still laughing when Bob asks her about I Love Lucy.

True, never thought of that, LOL!

Alright, seriously, how many damn times do we need to hear the joke about getting "I Love Lucy" on electric appliances? I swear they told that joke everytime they got together. And the not being able to say the word "pregnant" on TV back in 1953, "nowadays they show you how to do it." Heard that one a bunch too. :lucydisgust:

Bob Hope's humor was a lot like Gary's. No wonder Lucy thought he was funny lol.

Yes, Bob was only as funny as his writers wrote, we used to only watch his monologue on his specials and then switch to something else when the horrible sketches started, unless Lucy was on, of course, LOL! And you're right, those two jokes have had more retellings than Carol Burnett's Lucy came the second night of a show i was in story, LOL!

Yes, Bob was only as funny as his writers wrote, we used to only watch his monologue on his specials and then switch to something else when the horrible sketches started, unless Lucy was on, of course, LOL! And you're right, those two jokes have had more retellings than Carol Burnett's Lucy came the second night of a show i was in story, LOL!

Ok, I was wondering if Bob had lame writers or something because I thought he could be a lot funnier on his own. I wonder what Gary's excuse was. I think he wrote his own "jokes." lol

Archived