The Ricardos dedicate a statue

I don't think people necessarily "hate" this episode -- it just seems like a weaker episode to cap the series. That being said, as a standalone episode I don't have any problems with it. If they wanted to end on a bang they should have kept "Tulips" or "Tango" for the end, IMO. Or maybe "Lucy's Night in Town" to have them coming full circle back to New York.

The funniest scene in this episode was Lucy proving to Ricky that Fred the dog earned his diploma at the training school. The rest of the episode doesn't really go anywhere after this point. I would have picked "Building A Bar-be-que" to end the season because Ricky and Lucy have a sentimental moment when she finds her wedding ring in the hamburger and he places it back on her finger.

The funniest scene in this episode was Lucy proving to Ricky that Fred the dog earned his diploma at the training school. The rest of the episode doesn't really go anywhere after this point. I would have picked "Building A Bar-be-que" to end the season because Ricky and Lucy have a sentimental moment when she finds her wedding ring in the hamburger and he places it back on her finger.

Dedicate a statue was actually the revised sript, the first one had them DEFICATE a statue and that one was much worse, not funny at all. :lucydisgust:

Why do I hate it?? I don't know.. I guess the episode is loads of fun until Lucy backs over the statue... She was a statue in the second season when she made a "head" of herself out of clay.. but by the sixth season.. I don't know.. that last line .. "Shoot if you must this old redhead"... just seems a bit flat .. and when you think about this TERIFFIC series ending on such a dull note.. just pulls the whole episode down.. I expect more from the writters and cast (and Jess Oppenheimer had departed by this time)..so you had the four Madelyn and the three Bobs... Just kinda ends in a strange manor...oh well... they all can't be winners.. I would still watch this one before I would watch "Drafted".. that one is my very least favorite episode...

Yeah, this is definitely better than "Drafted," but it doesn't seem to do much of anything. Its one of the few episodes of the series where I feel like I can walk out of the room for a minute and not miss anything. It's just...dull (?) compared to almost every other episode of the series. But then, and excuse me because I can't remember right now, did they know this was the last half hour when they put it in the can? And now I'm a little more sad realizing that both of the shows' last eps (if we count the LDCH) are rather lackluster. I really like Brock's idea for Lucy's Night In Town being the last episodes, or Mona's BBQ ep idea (because ending with a sentimental moment would be sweet).

Yeah, this is definitely better than "Drafted," but it doesn't seem to do much of anything. Its one of the few episodes of the series where I feel like I can walk out of the room for a minute and not miss anything. It's just...dull (?) compared to almost every other episode of the series. But then, and excuse me because I can't remember right now, did they know this was the last half hour when they put it in the can? And now I'm a little more sad realizing that both of the shows' last eps (if we count the LDCH) are rather lackluster. I really like Brock's idea for Lucy's Night In Town being the last episodes, or Mona's BBQ ep idea (because ending with a sentimental moment would be sweet).

All true about those two eps BUT, they had no idea it was the end as they were already getting ideas set for the next hour long shows anyway, so . . .

Archived