Forever Darling Jamestown Premiere

Was James married to Pamela at the time as she was FRIENDS with Lucy and Desi, having lived in the same apartment building as Lucy when they were all starting out. Pamela became a newshound later on and would be on Merv or Mike or other talk shows on a weekley basis. Always interesting and her English accent out Madonna'd Madonna.

Was James married to Pamela at the time as she was FRIENDS with Lucy and Desi, having lived in the same apartment building as Lucy when they were all starting out. Pamela became a newshound later on and would be on Merv or Mike or other talk shows on a weekley basis. Always interesting and her English accent out Madonna'd Madonna.

I think you might be confusing Pamela Mason and Sheilah Graham. Graham was sleeping over at F. Scott Fitzgerald's apartment in Lucy's building a lot.

James Mason was not at the Jamestown premiere. Didn't we briefly have a member who said they were James Mason's grandchild? I don't know if James Mason was involved in any other part of the press junket for the film.

The helicopter pilot was on What's My Line? when Desi was a panelist the night before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUxTAUCU0Qo

Mr. Carlson, the helicopter pilot you see here was my husband's first father-in-law; actually, his ONLY father-in-law, since when we were married, my father had recently passed. Just a bit of LOCAL TRIVIA to brighten up everyone's day!!!!

Mr. Carlson was killed testing a helicopter within the next several years, don't know exactly when it happened....

If memory serves me, Lucille was MYSTERY GUEST during that same time span of Forever Darling getting to and fro Jamestown; perhaps that VERY evening. They were both on I've Got a Secret during that same NYC trip either pre- or aft-flight to Jamestown for the Premiere....

Mr. Carlson, the helicopter pilot you see here was my husband's first father-in-law; actually, his ONLY father-in-law, since when we were married, my father had recently passed. Just a bit of LOCAL TRIVIA to brighten up everyone's day!!!!

Mr. Carlson was killed testing a helicopter within the next several years, don't know exactly when it happened....

If memory serves me, Lucille was MYSTERY GUEST during that same time span of Forever Darling getting to and fro Jamestown; perhaps that VERY evening. They were both on I've Got a Secret during that same NYC trip either pre- or aft-flight to Jamestown for the Premiere....

Still, NYC to Jamestown is quite a trek for a copter huh? Geez Joyce, you're connected to everyone there aren't ya?

Still, NYC to Jamestown is quite a trek for a copter huh? Geez Joyce, you're connected to everyone there aren't ya?

I always wondered about that. That's the whole way across the state of NY. Did they fly to Buffalo/Erie and then take the helicopter the short ride in.

I know what I've got a Secret you are referring too. It's the one where Desi has the secret "I Love Lucy".

I have a Look magazine article framed on my wall from that Jamestown trip. Some awesome photos in it. I'll need to scan them someday. I look at it every morning doing my makeup.

I always wondered about that. That's the whole way across the state of NY. Did they fly to Buffalo/Erie and then take the helicopter the short ride in.

I know what I've got a Secret you are referring too. It's the one where Desi has the secret "I Love Lucy".

I have a Look magazine article framed on my wall from that Jamestown trip. Some awesome photos in it. I'll need to scan them someday. I look at it every morning doing my makeup.

So, you fix your make up like the ladies in Jamestown circa 1956???

I'm SURE they flew from NYC to Buffalo; then, by helicopter, to Jamestown; probably about a 45-minute jaunt; I remember reading that Lucille insisted on a cruise over Niagara Falls, to show to Desi she comes from a beautiful area, as well as he did.... Love, JK

I'm SURE they flew from NYC to Buffalo; then, by helicopter, to Jamestown; probably about a 45-minute jaunt; I remember reading that Lucille insisted on a cruise over Niagara Falls, to show to Desi she comes from a beautiful area, as well as he did.... Love, JK

Awwwwwwwwww, that's nice. Although ever since i first laid eyes on this thread, i've had that damned song ringing in my ears, not that that's a bad thing, it WAS a great song and should have won the Oscar that year.

• 4 weeks later...

Copies of this colour footage have now been donated to the Lucy-Desi Center.

From the Dunkirk Observer:

J Crosby, owner of PC Projects in Jamestown, recently presented a DVD movie to the Lucy/Desi Museum's Theresa Morris containing footage of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz attending the premiere of their feature movie "Forever Darling" at Jamestown's Palace Theater in February 1956.

PC Projects digitizes old home movies, videos, photos, and slides. Crosby recently discovered this rare footage in a collection of home movies belonging to an area client who then gave permission to share it with the Lucy/Desi Museum and community.

While many home movies only document and showcase individual family history, occasionally people, places, and events of public interest or historical significance were captured on home movies. Crosby has digitized films of downtown Frewsburg circa 1941, the New York World's Fair from 1964-65, the building of the Kinzua Dam, and a dried-up Niagara Falls, among others.

Besides preserving old family memories to pass from generation to generation, Crosby encourages everyone with home movies that may be of interest to the general public to share their historical gems with the community. For more information on PC Projects' services visit their website at www.WeDigitizeMemories.com, or call (716) 499-6955.

© Copyright 2011 The OBSERVER.

SOURCE: http://www.observertoday.com/page/content.detail/id/565928/PC-Projects-restores-Lucille-Ball-movie.html?nav=5002#license-565928

Archived