The Blue Veil

I just stumbled upon Vivian's film, The Blue Veil, on YouTube. This movie has never been commercially released. Jane Wyman won the Golden Globe and was nominated for an Oscar for the film. Also starring Charles Laughton, Joan Blondell (who received an Oscar nom too), Agnes Moorehead, and Natalie Wood (it's a coincidence with all the Natalie Wood drama today). The print doesn't seem too great, but I haven't watched it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9dMIBhxFmE

I just stumbled upon Vivian's film, The Blue Veil, on YouTube. This movie has never been commercially released. Jane Wyman won the Golden Globe and was nominated for an Oscar for the film. Also starring Charles Laughton, Joan Blondell (who received an Oscar nom too), Agnes Moorehead, and Natalie Wood (it's a coincidence with all the Natalie Wood drama today). The print doesn't seem too great, but I haven't watched it yet.

Great! I look forward to watching this tomorrow. About Natalie, I was thinking during Nancy Grace's "Walken, Wagner & Wood" Extravaganza tonight how unusual it is that Natalie co-starred in two out of the only three theatrical films in which Viv received credit.

Great! I look forward to watching this tomorrow. About Natalie, I was thinking during Nancy Grace's "Walken, Wagner & Wood" Extravaganza tonight how unusual it is that Natalie co-starred in two out of the only three theatrical films in which Viv received credit.

I never thought of that! Natalie also did two films with Bill Frawley - Miracle on 34th Street and Chicken Every Sunday. If Lucy ended up actually playing the Bette Davis part in The Star as planned, I wonder if Natalie Wood have played her daughter.

Archived