This is Lucy...NOT

rickee

I usually stay mum on things like this....but this particular Ebay item made me very curious.

When you have a good reputation on Ebay and use a 'sizzling' headline to sell your item:

"1933 NUDE LUCILLE BALL ROMAN SCANDALS PRE CODE SLAVE GIRL PHOTOGRAPH EROTIC

EARLY SCANDALOUS BUSBY BERKELEY ART DECO NUMBER RARE NR"

it should bring the proper attention...which it has.

As soon as I saw the photo being offered, I contacted the seller. I wished them good luck with the sale, but also told them, as a longtime collector on Lucille Ball, I was 100% positive that none of the three ladies pictured, were indeed Lucy.

3Ladies_RomanScandals.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1933-NUDE-LUCILLE-BALL-ROMAN-SCANDALS-PRE-CODE-SLAVE-GIRL-PHOTOGRAPH-EROTIC-/370567617442?pt=Art_Photo_Images&hash=item56478d1ba2

Predictably, the seller never wrote back to refute or agree with my news. With the auction still having 5 days to go...and the photo already bringing in nearly $115.00...why would they care?

I am completely aware that not everyone cares or even takes the time to check what they are selling or buying, but it does seem that some hard-earned dollars are going for a misleading item. While it is indeed a wonderful photo from the film and deserves a nice price, I guess my problem is with this statement:

"All items are 100% guaranteed to be original, vintage, and as described."

Well...it may be original, it may be vintage, but it ain't as described. Oh well.

HERE, in fact, is Lucy from the film:

LB_RomanScandals.jpg

Lucy must have regretted ever doing that movie, of course she was just starting out but it sure came back to haunt her a lot later in her career. Didn't she say on Dick Cavett's show that she still had the G string and the wig?

Yeah, I wonder who kept those things after Lucy died? Bet you 100 clams Michael Stern has them. ROFL

Not me, don't care who wore it LOL. Why don't we hunt down some used TP while we're at it. :lucythrill: ...come to think of it, Stern probably has that too.

Agreed, who the hell wants someone's cast? When Lillian Boggs whositz played backgammon with her and Lucy played the dice and they were her two just extracted molars, did he ask to get those too? YUCK!

What a shame. Somebody is going to have to learn the hard way. Have you had any response at all from the seller since you contacted him?

No, they decided not even to reply. They do have a good reputation, so it's a little sad. Whomever is ending up with this original still clearly has not bothered to check by comparing faces with vintage Lucy. Hell...when spending that kind of money...I think we all would...Lucy experts or not.

And so it goes.

Yeah well people should check things out before bidding so much. I'm usually suspicious of a lot of those rare/vintage ebay postings.

Well, it ended at over $260.00 so good luck to the buyer...hopefully not an unsuspecting Lucy fan and maybe just someone interested the cool photo or the film.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1933-NUDE-LUCILLE-BALL-ROMAN-SCANDALS-PRE-CODE-SLAVE-GIRL-PHOTOGRAPH-EROTIC-/370567617442?pt=Art_Photo_Images&hash=item56478d1ba2

Archived