THE LUCY SHOW SEASONS 1, 2, 3 ON SALE $10 EACH AT BIG LOTS

The discount store chain Big Lots is currently having a sale this week on select Paramount TV season sets and seasons 1, 2, and 3 of THE LUCY SHOW are available at the incredible price of $10 each. The bad news: it appears each store only has two copies of each title (it figures at that price) so you'd better hurry if you want to try to get them. While most everybody here probably already has these it could make a great Christmas gift and your friends will think you've spent more on them than you did LOL.

The discount store chain Big Lots is currently having a sale this week on select Paramount TV season sets and seasons 1, 2, and 3 of THE LUCY SHOW are available at the incredible price of $10 each. The bad news: it appears each store only has two copies of each title (it figures at that price) so you'd better hurry if you want to try to get them. While most everybody here probably already has these it could make a great Christmas gift and your friends will think you've spent more on them than you did LOL.

Wow, doesn't it kill you to have spent so much for ours?

Wow, doesn't it kill you to have spent so much for ours?

Yes but think of how much enjoyment you've already gotten from the sets all this time, surely that is worth the price difference of the $15-20 for waiting til now to buy it. Anyway as I mentioned it appears there are only two copies of each title at every store indicating Big Lots got a special promo deal rather than an unlimited supply and most stores have probably already sold their copies.

I picked up The Lucy Show S1 and 2 in this Big Lots sale. I already had 3 and 4, and got 5 last week. Big Lots tends to get inexpensive TV show box sets around Christmastime... doesn't mean they were poor sellers... just means CBS/Paramount had some backstock they wanted to get rid of. Some stores also got the first three volumes of My Three Sons for you Bill Frawley fans out there.

Target did the same thing to "Here's Lucy" series. Supply and demand; the demand must be lackluster.

I am fairly certain the sales to THE LUCY SHOW sets have been great given they have never been heavily discounted on Amazon and other websites and Paramount is cranking them out like rabbits while they stopped on many of the other 60s tv shows they own by season three (ie THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES.) This sale is just a normal thing for any tv season sets after they've been out a few years; one source (in this case, Big Lots, in others Target, Amazon, etc.) is given a big discount for a big order of older titles for a special limited time sale. Target has had both HERE'S LUCY and I LOVE LUCY on sale in this price range in the past. If anything, this proves THE LUCY SHOW is popular because the Big Lots chain only gets a limited amount of copies per store whereas in the case of Target or Amazon, they pretty much can get as many copies as they want for the sale. In nearly all cases, it's only the early seasons they are on sale, no doubt hoping the sale will spur on the later purchase of other seasons at the full price.

I checked our only HUGE DVD sales area here and that's HMV now that my regular source closed after twenty years or so. And they had nothing, well, i mean they had no season five of The Lucy Show which i assure you i would have bought even though it's supposed to be the Christmas present from my future hubby. Trouble is the gift got delivered to his temporary Toronto address and he's been in Quebec City for weeks now and as Christmas gets closer, what are the odds he will drive two hours home and not want to drive six more hours to go fetch my gift there, so another Holiday without my set. So, trust me, if i see it anywhere, i'm buying it, some Lucy Ricardo parts of me will NEVER change!

Archived