Robert Easton, 81, TLS guest actor

Shemp

Many cult films and TV shows to his credit

VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA (film), LOST IN SPACE, GET SMART, THE MUNSTERS, BEVERLY HILLBILLIES, BURNS AND ALLEN, JACK BENNY, RED SKELTON

To British fans his voice will always be remembered as "Phones" on the Gerry/Sylvia Anderson series STINGRAY

Character actor and dialect coach/teacher Robert Easton died on December 16 at age 81. Mr. Easton guest-starred on THE LUCY SHOW episode "Lucy and Tennessee Ernie Ford" as 'Iffie.'

L.A. Times obituary

Easton also made "unbilled" appearances in movies in the 1950s... He plays a GI in Susan Hayward's "With a Song in My Heart," the 20th Century-Fox musical about singer Jane Froman...

Most recently, many of us in the Los Angeles area would attend Gregg Oppenheimer's radio recreations at the Sperdvac Conventions, etc., and Easton was always in the audience. He loved the entertainment value of "sound."

Easton also made "unbilled" appearances in movies in the 1950s... He plays a GI in Susan Hayward's "With a Song in My Heart," the 20th Century-Fox musical about singer Jane Froman...

Most recently, many of us in the Los Angeles area would attend Gregg Oppenheimer's radio recreations at the Sperdvac Conventions, etc., and Easton was always in the audience. He loved the entertainment value of "sound."

He was also a "regular" at a local Burbank coffee shop for years, I'd see him there often in the company of fellow character actor/voice artist Marvin Kaplan and always wished I could be a fly at the table hearing what appeared to be many lively discussions about their art and craft!

Sad to hear he's gone to that big diner in the sky. :(

He went to look like a reclusive hermit in later years with scruffy beard/hair and clothes. His voice was more recognisable than his face

I wasn't coming to this thread as they so rarely include a picture and with CHARACTER actors passing, you really need one and for this one, there was, recognized him right away for so many appearances on various shows and yes, i remember his looking quite scruffy in his later years, wonder what that was about.

Loved his speaking voice, delivery and especially ENUNCIATION, something actors today could certainly use, especially talk show hosts talking over screaming audiences.

Didn't he also appear in Here's Lucy? Singing and dancing "Down by the Lazy River" with Kim in one of the episodes where Lucy's in the wheelchair? Essentially playing the "Iffy" character?

Didn't he also appear in Here's Lucy? Singing and dancing "Down by the Lazy River" with Kim in one of the episodes where Lucy's in the wheelchair? Essentially playing the "Iffy" character?

OMG, that was HIM too??? I knew i remembered him from The Hillbillies but forgot about this one. HE BROUGHT CORNPONE TO NEW HEIGHTS!

Archived