Vote for Lucy

C L A U D E

After Elton.com is running a survey of the all time favorite TV characters, so if you go to their site, look on the left where there are panels for various subjects, one of them shows a tableau of various famous tv characters and Lucy's positioned about in the middle. You have to submit your ten favorites, so i went with Lucy Ricardo, Lucy Carmichael, Lucy Carter, i skipped Ms Barker, then i added Rose Nylund, Sue Ann Nivens, J R Ewing, Sam Malone, Jack from Will and Grace, Ray and Marie Barone, Roseanne Conner etc . . . trouble is sometimes i dunno their last names, like Eunice on The Carol Burnett show, what was HER last name? Anyhoo, go vote for Lucy, please!

After Elton.com is running a survey of the all time favorite TV characters, so if you go to their site, look on the left where there are panels for various subjects, one of them shows a tableau of various famous tv characters and Lucy's positioned about in the middle. You have to submit your ten favorites, so i went with Lucy Ricardo, Lucy Carmichael, Lucy Carter, i skipped Ms Barker, then i added Rose Nylund, Sue Ann Nivens, J R Ewing, Sam Malone, Jack from Will and Grace, Ray and Marie Barone, Roseanne Conner etc . . . trouble is sometimes i dunno their last names, like Eunice on The Carol Burnett show, what was HER last name? Anyhoo, go vote for Lucy, please!

Eunice Harper Higgins! lol

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, the votes are in and i want to thank all the people who went there to vote for Lucy, i certainly did more than once and she came in at 27th out of the top fifty TV characters of all time. Of course this isn't a comedy site or an entertainment one so the votes went mostly to gay characters or gay friendly ones as the site is a gay entertainment site. But Lucy did come way ahead of people like Mary Richards and Rose Nyland and Dorothy Zbornak, my God, she even beat Jack McFarland, but not Karen Walker. Lucy was the OLDEST Tv character on that list of the 50 favorites showing that her appeal is timeless and will go on forever.

#1?! Of ALL TIME?! I guess the frequenters of that site were voting with something else.

I know, that's why i mentionned repeatedly that it is mostly a gay frequented site. I mean Blaine has been around for what? Two years at most. That's why i pushed for votes for Lucy and she came in halway down the pack, considering she was the only really old character, i guess that was fine. I even voted for Lucy Carmichael and Lucy Carter but neither made the top fifty, LOL! :lucythrill::lucy2::hlLOL:

Archived