Doris Packer

Though she was wasted in both her Lucy appearances, Doris Packer is the highlight of this Dick Van Dyke episode, which I have trimmed to include her scenes.

Though Merie Earle has no Lucy connection that I know of, this is one of my favorite Bob-and-patient vignettes. Mrs. Loomis had nothing to do with the main plot. Her sessions were at the beginning of the show, the middle and the end and I've included those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L8QUktBRU8

I love Doris Packer in this Dick Van Dyke Show episode. She is probably my all time favorite one shot character on the show. My other favorite minor character is Eleanor Audley's Mrs. Billings of the Parents' Council. Doris Packer was, unfortunately, completely underutilized in her Lucy appearances.

The Merie Earle video is hilarious! Thanks for sharing these with us.

Doris Packer's work with Lucy is so minor I completely forgot she did appear with her - and she was on ILL, TLS, and The comedy hour! I love this character actress, she's probably best known for LEAVE IT TO BEAVER or maybe DOBIE GILLIS (I have only seen a few eps of that show) and also was on several episodes of THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES. Her work with Lucy reminds me of Kathleen Freeman who had those rather joyless parts on TLS while she's a riot on THE HILLBILLIES and elsewhere. Tying this to Merie Earle, Ms. Earle has a tiny wordless part in a couple of HILLBILLIES episodes about the "rasslin'" divas The Boston Strong Girl and Rebecca of Donnybrook Farm (Ms. Earle is Rebecca's older-than-the hills maw). Those eps are hilarious.

Ms. Packer has a terrific role on one of the eps of THE BARBARA STANWYCK SHOW dvd set as Stanwyck's blunt Texas mother-in-law, same dvd set also has Elizabeth Patterson in one of her final gigs and she's terrific, too.

Doris Packer's work with Lucy is so minor I completely forgot she did appear with her - and she was on ILL, TLS, and The comedy hour! I love this character actress, she's probably best known for LEAVE IT TO BEAVER or maybe DOBIE GILLIS (I have only seen a few eps of that show) and also was on several episodes of THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES. Her work with Lucy reminds me of Kathleen Freeman who had those rather joyless parts on TLS while she's a riot on THE HILLBILLIES and elsewhere. Tying this to Merie Earle, Ms. Earle has a tiny wordless part in a couple of HILLBILLIES episodes about the "rasslin'" divas The Boston Strong Girl and Rebecca of Donnybrook Farm (Ms. Earle is Rebecca's older-than-the hills maw). Those eps are hilarious.

Ms. Packer has a terrific role on one of the eps of THE BARBARA STANWYCK SHOW dvd set as Stanwyck's blunt Texas mother-in-law, same dvd set also has Elizabeth Patterson in one of her final gigs and she's terrific, too.

Please tell me what roles she played on the shows with Lucy.

Please tell me what roles she played on the shows with Lucy.

She played the woman who was late to the play with her husband in Lucy's Night In Town, Paul Douglas' secretery in Lucy Wants A Career, and the society dame hosting Lucy and her beau in Runaway Butterfly.

She played the woman who was late to the play with her husband in Lucy's Night In Town, Paul Douglas' secretery in Lucy Wants A Career, and the society dame hosting Lucy and her beau in Runaway Butterfly.

Yes, i remembered her when i watched that clip but her Beverly Hillbillies shows were better parts.

Archived