Question about Here's Lucy #5

Hi everyone. I just received my Season 5 Here's Lucy DVD set ( :D )from A mazon, & there is no episode guide inside. The shows on each DVD are not listed on the back, or printed anywhere inside, either. Did yours come this way too, or am I missing something that should be there? Thanks in advance for letting me know!

Oh my goodness! Thank you, Mark! The inside of the case is black plastic, & there are 2 clips on the left side to hold paper. I have to admit I doubted you :marionstrong: , but went ahead & gently fished the cover out from under the plastic. When I flipped it over, there was the episode guide on the back! I never would have thought to look there if you hadn't suggested it. (What was MPI thinking?)

Think I'll make a copy of the episodes, & put the cover back since I don't have a clear case. Thanks again! Lucy Loungers rule B) .

I was going to do that too, but how do you do that when the "Lucy Moves to NBC" one can't hold 4 discs? Or am I ruhtarded? :lucydisgust:

You should be able to: the center thingy (sorry I don't know what it's "officially" called!) sort of "pops out"/snaps in, so you should be able to swap those two things between the clear and black cases as well and if so....voila! :lucythrill:

(You may however to be on the safe side might want to remove the discs *first* before you attempt this, just in case they pop out too -- wouldn't want to run the risk of scratching them! Good luck.

Nope, didn't work. There's special plastic doohickies on the HL set to hold the discs in and no such thing on the single disc set. FAIL. Lol

Hmm, weird: my doohickies i.e. the thingy that runs down the center of the thing -- that helps the discholder whatchamacallit flip the discs to go to the one you want -- popped out for me quite easily. :D

I know this borders on sacriligeous since the picture is so glorious but the simplest thing to do would be to simply pull out the the cover insert, flip it around, and slip it back in the case with the ep guide showing on the outside rather than the lovely glam shot of our Redhead. :)

Hmm, weird: my doohickies i.e. the thingy that runs down the center of the thing -- that helps the discholder whatchamacallit flip the discs to go to the one you want -- popped out for me quite easily. :D

I know this borders on sacriligeous since the picture is so glorious but the simplest thing to do would be to simply pull out the the cover insert, flip it around, and slip it back in the case with the ep guide showing on the outside rather than the lovely glam shot of our Redhead. :)

Oh I could pull them out just fine. I just couldn't figure out how to put them in the other one securely.

Anyway I'll probably just do the flippity thing. Lol

Oh my goodness! Thank you, Mark! The inside of the case is black plastic, & there are 2 clips on the left side to hold paper. I have to admit I doubted you :marionstrong: , but went ahead & gently fished the cover out from under the plastic. When I flipped it over, there was the episode guide on the back! I never would have thought to look there if you hadn't suggested it. (What was MPI thinking?)

Think I'll make a copy of the episodes, & put the cover back since I don't have a clear case. Thanks again! Lucy Loungers rule B) .

Glad to be of help Vivfantoo. Are the black 4-disc cases cheaper for MPI ?

Ooops, I totally misunderstand your question, Mark. Not sure if MPI is using the black cases because they are cheaper, but it sounds like a good guess to me. I flipped through my collection of TLS sets & those are all in the clear plastic.

At least now I know to always check under the cover if there is no episode guide inside. I think the two plastic clips on the inside to hold paper threw me off. It made me wonder if my set was previously owned & returned, with all the discs but without the episode guide.

Still haven't started watching the series. I'm in the middle of rewatching ILL & the gang is about to head to Hollywood :professor: . Those are some of my favorite episodes :ill:

Archived