Zenith's Salute to Television's 25th Anniversary

I think this is a completely forgotten television special - even IMDb doesn't have it listed but somebody is offering if for sale on sell.com - ZENITH'S SALUTE TO TELEVISION'S 25th ANNIVERSARY from 1972 with Lucy, Bob Hope, John Wayne, Judith Anderson, Jimmy Durante, and many others http://www.sell.com/28L4VT

Don't remember that one at all. Must have been pretty lame. At least they had the two greatest tv stars of all time in there, Lucy and Berle. Not often Lucy "B"all gets third billing alphabetically. I'm thinking this might be from the year i could not get cable where i was living.

Don't remember that one at all. Must have been pretty lame. At least they had the two greatest tv stars of all time in there, Lucy and Berle. Not often Lucy "B"all gets third billing alphabetically. I'm thinking this might be from the year i could not get cable where i was living.

I vaguely remember it -- I think! I believe this was on ABC on a Sunday night just before the start of the new season... It was not a truly wonderful show, but okay. The important news that came out of it was that this was one of the first times people were alerted to the fact that a lot of TV history was already being lost. There were no "preservation" programs in place... When the producers of this special tried to find certain programs, they discovered many had not been kept. The films, kinescopes and video tapes were not where people thought they were... Some were found in people's attics and garages, some were lost forever... It was a "wake-up call" for the industry to start preserving its own heritage...

She's got a great look going here. Too bad she never appeared on Marcus Welby! :peachonthebeach:

Robert Young was the first choice for the role of Dr. Parker in "Lucy's Big Break." Young turned the part down because he didn't want people to think he was spoofing his Dr. Welby character. Lloyd Bridges ended up playing the part.

Archived