How did people get tickets to see her shows taped?

Remember on the "movie" how the lady said to her husband that the tickets were impossible to get? Did you really have to have good connections with the cast or crew? I'm sure by Here's Lucy, anyone could go see a taping like today.

It was in Michael Stern's book that people who were on the studio tour would be invited to see the taping. They probably had studio tours back in the 1950s too. That was one way to do it if you didn't know somebody to get them for you, I guess.

You could always slip gary a fiver.

My aunt worked in L.A. from 1988-1990, and in 1989 got to see the taping of the last "Family Ties." She told me she had a lot of connections to get those tickets. Well, it's the series finale, of course a lot of VIPs are going to be there and it would be VERY hard to get tickets if you're an average Joe. I bet an average Joe probably couldn't even get tickets for those kinds of episodes.

My aunt worked in L.A. from 1988-1990, and in 1989 got to see the taping of the last "Family Ties." She told me she had a lot of connections to get those tickets. Well, it's the series finale, of course a lot of VIPs are going to be there and it would be VERY hard to get tickets if you're an average Joe. I bet an average Joe probably couldn't even get tickets for those kinds of episodes.

Well, those places really could not fit more than a couple hundred people so yes, it must have been hard to get tickets, even harder for finales with all of the people involved wanting their own families and friends to be there.

When I went to a taping of Life With Lucy, I wrote in for two tickets. I just told them when I would be in town and asked if i could get tickets for that time period. Turns out that I got tickets for the Audrey Meadows show, which was the second to last show filmed.

When I went to a taping of Life With Lucy, I wrote in for two tickets. I just told them when I would be in town and asked if i could get tickets for that time period. Turns out that I got tickets for the Audrey Meadows show, which was the second to last show filmed.

BUT, the best one ever filmed, lucky you!

Yes, Claude I am so lucky that I got that show and that I got to see Lucille Ball LIVE, wasnt sure that would happen after Here's Lucy ended.

Didn't she look sensational in that blue outfit for the wedding? And what a thrill to hear her get that big laugh with her line to the effect of you only have the one sister, "THANK GOD"!

Archived