Blu-ray release for entire I Love Lucy series - IN COLOUR!

Mot Morenzi

CBS just announced in a press release that the entire I Love Lucy series is being released on bluray, in both original black and white and new colourised editions. Due to the capacity of blu-ray, viewers will have the option which version to choose when they select the episode. Guess you got your wish, Claude :P

Check it out here.

http://www.dafk.net/what/

Perhaps, but Angie has none of the classic beauty that Lucy did. Bless her ugly little bulldog face anyway. :lucydisgust:

LOL. No, I know what you mean. Had the movie been made about 10 years earlier, Lucy would've been excellent. But there's no denying Angela brought much more voce to the role than Lucy was able to. Lucy had the grace and poise, to be sure, but was husbanding the voce.

It was more Lucy's attitude that bugged me. Like Madonna in Evita, she was too assured of herself, and it came back to bite her. It would've been one thing had she done a dynamite job, but as it was she was mostly satisfactory. Humility, please :)

LOL. No, I know what you mean. Had the movie been made about 10 years earlier, Lucy would've been excellent. But there's no denying Angela brought much more voce to the role than Lucy was able to. Lucy had the grace and poise, to be sure, but was husbanding the voce.

It was more Lucy's attitude that bugged me. Like Madonna in Evita, she was too assured of herself, and it came back to bite her. It would've been one thing had she done a dynamite job, but as it was she was mostly satisfactory. Humility, please :)

Ooh, I love your 'spressions! "Husbanding the voce"! Is that anything like "Tich me to Rhumba"???! lucythrill.JPG

Taking off my Lucy Fan hat for a moment, I am not all that crazy about Angie's vocals on the cast album. She's a bit too "tinny" for my taste. I also prefer the musical arrangements in Lucy's version. That's just me...

Taking off my Lucy Fan hat for a moment, I am not all that crazy about Angie's vocals on the cast album. She's a bit too "tinny" for my taste. I also prefer the musical arrangements in Lucy's version. That's just me...

She sounds like a cat in heat is what you're saying. Gotcha. :lucythrill:

With all due respect, personal attacks and name calling like this are way out of line. Everyone is entitled to their opinion -- however much they might be in the minority -- and there is no need use words like "idiot" and so forth. It is a shame that such a lighthearted, fun April Fool's Day joke has devolved to this.

Thread closed.

Archived