Lucy in London

What did you guys think of LUCY IN LONDON??? I LOVED it.. watch it practically weeky... just curious what all of you thought!

Absolutely fantastic and it sure holds up well considering it was done so many decades ago. People tuned in expecting nothing but laughs and instead they got something totally different from her for one of the few times that Lucy tried something new. A theme, a different setting, great music and something modern and a new arena for her to make us appreciate her many talents even more. The special was envisioned as a series of Lucy in various cities of the world. Paris did not accomodate them, so they went to London, many other cities were touted as possible sites for these types of shows BUT, when Lucy read the reviews, she decided no more, the public only accepted her in her usual setting.

• 4 weeks later...

All day today.. since I have gotten up that LUCY IN LONDON song is playing in my head

Lucy in London.. bridges are fallin' down people are turnin' round and London is upside down

...its Lucy with the Dave Clark 5.. Lucy with a miniskirt on..

I freakin LOVE that song and the video with it.. so COOL!!!!! and my gawd doesn't she look great in those stills with the black hair and glasses????

All day today.. since I have gotten up that LUCY IN LONDON song is playing in my head

Lucy in London.. bridges are fallin' down people are turnin' round and London is upside down

...its Lucy with the Dave Clark 5.. Lucy with a miniskirt on..

I freakin LOVE that song and the video with it.. so COOL!!!!! and my gawd doesn't she look great in those stills with the black hair and glasses????

Yep, she looks really good with that long red wig too.

• 9 months later...

"When I saw Shakespeare's version, I could see there was considerable work to be done on it"--Professor Gitterman

New re-edited version of the "Lucy in London" video coming soon to a screening room near you.

I apologize to the purists ahead of time.

LILStill4_zps785fa1c2.jpg

LILStill2_zps197de83a.jpg

"When I saw Shakespeare's version, I could see there was considerable work to be done on it"--Professor Gitterman

New re-edited version of the "Lucy in London" video coming soon to a screening room near you.

I apologize to the purists ahead of time.

LILStill4_zps785fa1c2.jpg

LILStill2_zps197de83a.jpg

W O W what a beautiful MONTAGE. My favorite special of all time.

• 1 year later...

I watched this again.. after a long break.. and I am just so damn in awe of her as a performer.  That woman could have gone on a vacation but wanted to work and wanted to create something special.  She wasn't asked.. she went out and did it.  She may have had a good reason to do this .. I don't know what it was.. it could have been simply that she had the resources so she took advantage of them.. regardless,  she flexed her acting muscles and I'm glad she did!

'

Until the doc on the DVD I didn't know the critics knocked it for being a departure. As much as Lucy said she liked being typed I'm glad for things like this where she did do something different. I think there is enough "Lucy" in this so I don't know what those idiots wanted.

Archived