60s TV Dance Party

That is so cool! And whoever did that is truly a "classic TV" fan! I must be too as I could name nearly (but not all) every single show used in those clips!

Here we go:

1) Andy Griffith Show

2) Get Smart

3) Addams Family

4) Batman

5) I Dream of Jeannie

6) Dick Van Dyke

7) Patty Duke

8) Bewitched

9) Lucy

10) Gilligan's Island

11) Gidget

12) My Favorite Martian

13) Monkees

14) @ Approx. 1:12 & 1:19 -- The way this is cut, I can't tell if it's from one or two different shows but couldn't identify them either way! Anyone??

15) Family Affair

16) Man from Uncle

17) @ Approx. 1:36 & 1:39 -- Same note as above.

18) Lost in Space

19) Beverly Hillbillies

20) Mr. Ed

21) @ Approx 1:55 -- The Japanese dancer -- is that part of Mr. Ed clip or something else? Not sure..

22) Munsters

Oh the memories this brings back!! Guess I'm feeling particularly nostalgic being it's Mother's Day and am home with family celebrating the "holiday" as well as for other reasons.

The cool thing about this list of long-gone shows is that since so many were not only childhood favorites but still beloved (and watched) by so many still today, thanks to the magic of DVD, as most of these golden oldies are out and still available. :D

Fun clip :) . I was surprised I recognised as many as I did.

Joey!! I've been meaning to tell you how much I love the Lucy & Viv series of pictures in your signature. That drunk scene with the wedding cake is so hysterical & one of my favorites!

:lucy2: to :viv2: "Now THASS how you make a dove!" :marionstrong:

Fun clip :) . I was surprised I recognised as many as I did.

Joey!! I've been meaning to tell you how much I love the Lucy & Viv series of pictures in your signature. That drunk scene with the wedding cake is so hysterical & one of my favorites!

:lucy2: to :viv2: "Now THASS how you make a dove!" :marionstrong:

Thanks, Viv! It was a labor of love! ;)lucythrill.JPG

Almost brought a tear to my eye . . . the memories; but, all gone, forever. P.S. Granny was the BEST! ANYONE? Love, JK

Unfortunately this one was 'removed by user' before I got to see it. Saw the twist one though and Lucy would have been a natural for inclusion: New Years Eve 1962, Teaching Ethel to Sing, Wingding, Viv on Sunset Strip, and TOO MANY on HL to mention!

Unfortunately this one was 'removed by user' before I got to see it. Saw the twist one though and Lucy would have been a natural for inclusion: New Years Eve 1962, Teaching Ethel to Sing, Wingding, Viv on Sunset Strip, and TOO MANY on HL to mention!

It has been re-uploaded under a different name here:

• 8 months later...

That animated Dobie peering at the chicks ("one of the knothole gang") always seemed a little creepy, nothing like Dwayne Hickman or the Dobie character.

I don't know why they feel the need to tell us that "The Tab Hunter Show" and "The Dennis O'Keefe Show" star TAB HUNTER and DENNIS O'KEEFE. Have never heard of the O'keefe show, but anything with Hope Emerson (one of the contenders for the role of Irma Mooney) can't be all bad. Why does the name Ricky Kelman sound familiar?

I've seen a handful of "Betty Hutton" shows and it is dreadful. Didn't realize they incorporated their catch-phrase-that-didn't-catch-on (Betty's "Coo Coo") into the opening credits.

The embrace between Pete and Gladys is about as sex-less as you can get. Too bad the series's production values weren't a bit better, because the much maligned Cara (still alive at 88!) was the closest we ever got to another Lucy---BY FAR!!

Look at those hips they give the animated Peggy Cass! These are the same chimps Lucy babysat some 5 years later.

I wonder what the ratio is of the number of sheepdogs per capita on television vs. real life. I've never known anyone who owned one. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever seen one in the flesh. From TV, you'd think they were as common as the poodle was.

That animated Dobie peering at the chicks ("one of the knothole gang") always seemed a little creepy, nothing like Dwayne Hickman or the Dobie character.

I don't know why they feel the need to tell us that "The Tab Hunter Show" and "The Dennis O'Keefe Show" star TAB HUNTER and DENNIS O'KEEFE. Have never heard of the O'keefe show, but anything with Hope Emerson (one of the contenders for the role of Irma Mooney) can't be all bad. Why does the name Ricky Kelman sound familiar?

I've seen a handful of "Betty Hutton" shows and it is dreadful. Didn't realize they incorporated their catch-phrase-that-didn't-catch-on (Betty's "Coo Coo") into the opening credits.

The embrace between Pete and Gladys is about as sex-less as you can get. Too bad the series's production values weren't a bit better, because the much maligned Cara (still alive at 88!) was the closest we ever got to another Lucy---BY FAR!!

Look at those hips they give the animated Peggy Cass! These are the same chimps Lucy babysat some 5 years later.

I wonder what the ratio is of the number of sheepdogs per capita on television vs. real life. I've never known anyone who owned one. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever seen one in the flesh. From TV, you'd think they were as common as the poodle was.

Wouldn't it have been terrific to have an Irma Mooney cast on the show? I agree about Cara Williams, loved her then and miss her now, gorgeous and talented too. Agree about the dogs, but was in love with those big cuddly sheepdogs, everybody wanted one, Mr Mooney had one and Bill had one on My Three Sons too.

Ricky Kelman played Lucy's stepson in Critic's Choice. A decade later, he appeared in "Lucy and Andy Griffith."

Really? Loved that kid actor, will look at that show tomorrow, hated the Griffith one. They finally get those two incredible icons together and make this boring show, lousy writers!

• 5 months later...

Archived