Lucy (2003)

Annaleigh

[quote name=DroopyDrawers :D' timestamp='1337141316' post='38531]

This movie is currently on Netflix by the way. Now watching, haven't watched in a few years.

WOW!! I just found it, this is so stupid, i spent $45 to buy it on DVD!!! Whatever it is in better quality than that anyways, but really cool. I personally love the movie, a lot of people don't, but whatever.

The original site is actually still up: http://www.cbs.com/specials/lucy/ and here is a bunch of cool photos and a video trailer: http://www.sonymoviechannel.com/movies/lucy

I know! I was so suprised they still had them, especially in high-res, i downloaded them all for whatever reason, but i have no use for it! hahaha, im wierd

If I invest in Adobe In Design or some other good design program, I want to do mock DVD covers. The more photos the more options I can have.

If I invest in Adobe In Design or some other good design program, I want to do mock DVD covers. The more photos the more options I can have.

Oh I already made one that came out really good, i made it in photoshop, i would share it, but then it would just be copied everywhere, i had an old ad from magazine that looked just like a dvd cover, so i scanned it in and turnedit in to a cover

Oh I already made one that came out really good, i made it in photoshop, i would share it, but then it would just be copied everywhere, i had an old ad from magazine that looked just like a dvd cover, so i scanned it in and turnedit in to a cover

I once had a scan from the presskit, I think. Featured the same artwork on the DVD screener and said "For Your Emmy Consideration", and had a lot of positive review quotes on it. Wish I still had it, think it got left on the old computer.

Watched it for the first time last night. Was pretty good! I liked how they showed Lucy as a teenager in Celeron. Some of the details and recollections we've heard from family and friends over the years was touched on, which was nice. I was a little sick to my stomach the way Desi was portrayed though. It was in a similar way as Lucy & Desi Before the Laughter. Makes you think, were a lot of those rumors true? My heart sunk during the scene when they were having the housewarming party on Roxbury Drive and Desi went ballistic over the water leaks. Does anyone know if that really happened?

Watched it for the first time last night. Was pretty good! I liked how they showed Lucy as a teenager in Celeron. Some of the details and recollections we've heard from family and friends over the years was touched on, which was nice. I was a little sick to my stomach the way Desi was portrayed though. It was in a similar way as Lucy & Desi Before the Laughter. Makes you think, were a lot of those rumors true? My heart sunk during the scene when they were having the housewarming party on Roxbury Drive and Desi went ballistic over the water leaks. Does anyone know if that really happened?

Yes, I've read Lucy's account of that incident before many times too, how Desi freaked out and was scaring the kids and DeDe had to take them somewhere, saying their parents were rehearsing for a play or something like that...

The story about Desi's freak out over the pipes is true. As Shelly said, I think Lucy told it in her divorce testimony and it's also in her autobiography. In terms of the movie's portrayal of Desi, what I really hated was how he was shown as completely antagonistic toward Lucy during the Red Scare. If the writers had bothered to read an account of that incident from ANY source about Lucy and Desi, they would've realized that Desi was nothing less than TOTALLY supportive of his wife during that difficult time. Shoddy research and a seemingly blatant indifference toward quality (and I realize I do have high expectations) were what really made me not like this movie. Lucy is better than Before the Laughter, yes, but far from what Lucy, Desi, and their fans deserve.

The thing that bothers me the most is not only the events in the movie are at the wrong times like the pipe freak out, they bought that house earlier in the 50s not in the late 50s in the movie. Also they only really shown the bad times in their relationship, never the good. Idk makes it hard to believe they were still in love in the movie portrayal.

[quote name=DroopyDrawers :D' timestamp='1338875005' post='39106]

The thing that bothers me the most is not only the events in the movie are at the wrong times like the pipe freak out, they bought that house earlier in the 50s not in the late 50s in the movie. Also they only really shown the bad times in their relationship, never the good. Idk makes it hard to believe they were still in love in the movie portrayal.

Yeah, they did a lot of timeline shifting that created some inaccuracies. Most of the events they portrayed happened, but the order was off for a number of them.

Also the end parts could've been edited better. They showed Lucy at RKO in 1958, then it immediately cuts to them filming "Lucy's Italian Movie". Surely they could've just re-ordered the scenes?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived