You made a u-turn in this plot hole?

Not episode specific, but it's always bugged me in the first season intro for "The Lucy Show" how both cartoon Viv and Lucy run offscreen after the letter falls. Lucy comes back with a ladder, but Viv just walks back on with nothing. Why'd she run off then? She looked like she had a purpose, but then came back with nothing, LOL!

Because Lucy changed into pants to nail that letter in!

In "Lucy the Matchmaker," why does Lucy ask Vivian how old she is? Lucy met Viv in kindergarden (it's even mentioned later in the episode). Lucy would surely know Vivian's age - they would be the same age too. In kindergarden, was little Vivian Jones telling people she was only four when she was six if she's a day?

Yes! Another one that bothered me too!

Another thing about Lucie moving out.. didn't she move into the upstairs of a neighbors garage? But then she was suddenly moved into her uncles apartment building for her pilot for her own series/HL episode.

Another one! Lucy going on a blind date with Harry's cousin.. wouldn't that make them related through marriage? Andddd wouldn't they know each other? She also didn't seem to know Harry's sister of what I remember. Wouldn't that be her sister in-law? Lol.

[quote name=DroopyDrawers :D' timestamp='1343368600' post='40766]

Because Lucy changed into pants to nail that letter in!

OMG!!! I never noticed before that both lost their skirts and put pants on!

But still, it is rather funny that Viv even bothered. All she did was come back on, watch Lucy climb the ladder, then shake her hand. If you're gonna put your pants on Viv, help out!

[quote name=DroopyDrawers :D' timestamp='1343369013' post='40768]

Another thing about Lucie moving out.. didn't she move into the upstairs of a neighbors garage? But then she was suddenly moved into her uncles apartment building for her pilot for her own series/HL episode.

Another one! Lucy going on a blind date with Harry's cousin.. wouldn't that make them related through marriage? Andddd wouldn't they know each other? She also didn't seem to know Harry's sister of what I remember. Wouldn't that be her sister in-law? Lol.

I assume Kim was driven crazy by having next-door neighbor Lucy constantly interfering and moved into a new apartment as soon as possible. It still looks like Kim is still living at home in the episodes that come between the two episodes.

Harry hasn't seen Cousin Ben since Ben was ten. Ben lived in Indiana, so that's why he and Lucy never met. Lucy and Ben would be related by marriage, but no one mentions that. Lucy and Sister Paula, Harry's sister who's a sister, seem to have known each other for a long time, but don't act like they would be sisters-in-law.

Lucy and Sister Paula, Harry's sister who's a sister, seem to have known each other for a long time, but don't act like they would be sisters-in-law.

I always assumed Lucy was treating Sister Paula with the reverence of position. If Paula was in the convent, she would be pretty removed from the lives of the rest of her family, but growing up with Harry there would be a different relationship.

Hey, I never noticed Lucy and Viv changed outfits either. :D

I always assumed Lucy was treating Sister Paula with the reverence of position. If Paula was in the convent, she would be pretty removed from the lives of the rest of her family, but growing up with Harry there would be a different relationship.

Hey, I nevr noticed Lucy and Viv changed outfits either. :D

Similar situation in "Lucy Takes Over" (I think that's the episode's name). The promissory note is discovered, but wouldn't Lucy's deceased on long forgotten husband also have been on the hook? And what made them think that this note was not paid off at some point in the last 100 years (as was discovered at the end of the episode).

I wonder how Lucy's husband died. If she gave him the same treatment she gave Gale Gordon, she must have gotten off with involuntary manslaughter!

And you'd think Lucy might have HEARD of cousin Ben even if she had never met him.

The writers seemed to have totally forgotten Kim moved out. I always figured Kim might have moved in temporarily to help Lucy after her broken leg, but she's there the entire season. She is officially moved in all of season six.

Though Kim seems to be hanging around the house in season 5, I don't remember any reference to her actually living there. But don't remember anything said that would indicate she was living somewhere else.

Though Kim seems to be hanging around the house in season 5, I don't remember any reference to her actually living there. But don't remember anything said that would indicate she was living somewhere else.

"Lucy and the Professor" is one episode that strongly implies that Kim is living there. Lucy reads Kim's diary while she Kim sleeps. She gets ready for her date there too. Kim makes multiple wardrobe changes at the house in "Lucy and Joe Namath." "Lucy Goes On Her Last Blind Date" is another one where it seems that she is still living there. Kim doesn't seem to be there in "Goodbye, Mrs. Hips," though.

Similar situation in "Lucy Takes Over" (I think that's the episode's name). The promissory note is discovered, but wouldn't Lucy's deceased on long forgotten husband also have been on the hook? And what made them think that this note was not paid off at some point in the last 100 years (as was discovered at the end of the episode).

I wonder how Lucy's husband died. If she gave him the same treatment she gave Gale Gordon, she must have gotten off with involuntary manslaughter!

There is mention of Harry as Harrison Otis Carter IV being responsible for all the family debts because he's the oldest.

Kim and Craig make mention of "our family" and "Uncle Harry's family," but don't reference the fact that "Uncle Harry's family" is their family.

There is mention of Harry as Harrison Otis Carter IV being responsible for all the family debts because he's the oldest.

Kim and Craig make mention of "our family" and "Uncle Harry's family," but don't reference the fact that "Uncle Harry's family" is their family.

It's really too bad that there wasn't someone watching over the continuity of Here's Lucy. It's certainly not the only series to have issues, but there did seem to be an awful lot to carp about: No thought to who was living where, who was related to whom and how sidekicks came and went: like whatever happened to ISABEL?? and how Mary Jane Lewis entered the series with no fanfare, and how roly-poly-Vonda appeared and disappeared. And as long as I'm in HL carping mode, the person who did the casting of Kim and Craig's friends should be....well, ok just FIRED---but by a squad. I suppose it was too much to ask that they be given regular friends who were well-rounded and FUNNY. One could forgive the actors for having nothing to work with but some (I would say MOST if not ALL) of them could not even ACT. "Cindy" comes to mind.

I know people point out that ILL had errors too. Well, true but they weren't this glaring. TLS is hard to quantify because of how the focus shifted. I always felt a sense of stability within the first two Danfield years. The third with freelance writers lost its way, but the California move did not look back (and when they did, they got the name wrong---of Lucy's SON!!). But some of those episodes are so darn funny, I can forgive it. Including the one that starts off with the letter from "My Son Jimmy". I don't know which episode that was but I just remember it being good.

It's really too bad that there wasn't someone watching over the continuity of Here's Lucy. It's certainly not the only series to have issues, but there did seem to be an awful lot to carp about: No thought to who was living where, who was related to whom and how sidekicks came and went: like whatever happened to ISABEL?? and how Mary Jane Lewis entered the series with no fanfare, and how roly-poly-Vonda appeared and disappeared. And as long as I'm in HL carping mode, the person who did the casting of Kim and Craig's friends should be....well, ok just FIRED---but by a squad. I suppose it was too much to ask that they be given regular friends who were well-rounded and FUNNY. One could forgive the actors for having nothing to work with but some (I would say MOST if not ALL) of them could not even ACT. "Cindy" comes to mind.

Cindy was played by Cindy Barnes, who was a close friend of the Ball-Arnaz-Morton family. She later married jockey Willie Shoemaker. I have no idea if she had any other acting experience. Kim and Craig have very few friends with speaking parts. Some were played by real life friends (like Steve March) or children of people who worked on the show (Debbie Westcott). What other friends (not counting boyfriends/girlfiends) were there? (Common) Jan and Fred(?) in "Lucy and the Generation Gap," another Jan in "Lucy's Vacation" and Steve (Phil Vandervort) in "Lucy and Rudy Vallee"(the latter two taking Craig's role when Desi Jr. was off doing "Red Sky at Morning"), Annie Whipple and HAL KING(!!!) in "My Fair Buzzi, and, of course, Sue-Sue (Susan Tolsky).

Here's Lucy wasn't great when it came to continuity, but it wasn't as bad as some shows like The Odd Couple.

The Lucy Show episode was with Lucy's son Jimmy was "Lucy Gets Caught in the Draft." "Good" would not be the first would I would use to describe the episode.

I remember in one season 5 episode Lucy says something about Kim needing to clean her room and the diary that mysteriously fell when she was dusting Kim's room.

I assume Kim was driven crazy by having next-door neighbor Lucy constantly interfering and moved into a new apartment as soon as possible. It still looks like Kim is still living at home in the episodes that come b etween the two episodes.

Harry hasn't seen Cousin Ben since Ben was ten. Ben lived in Indiana, so that's why he and Lucy never met. Lucy and Ben would be related by marriage, but no one mentions that. Lucy and Sister Paula, Harry's sister who's a sister, seem to have known each other for a long time, but don't act like they would be sisters-in-law.

Ooooh. The Ben thing makes sense, never caught that. But wouldn't her husband mention the card writing thing? Lol. To me it didn't seem to me they acted like they knew each other. But wouldn't Harry and her un-named husband's sister be present at her wedding? Also when Harry told his family's interest in the church, seem as though Lucy knew nothing of it. This husband of Lucy's didn't tell her jack squak I guess! Haha.

Also I don't know HL like I know ILL and TLS so if I made a few mistakes. Sorry. Lol. I will keep learning the more I watch though! Haha.

OMG!!! I never noticed before that both lost their skirts and put pants on!

But still, it is rather funny that Viv even bothered. All she did was come back on, watch Lucy climb the ladder, then shake her hand. If you're gonna put your pants on Viv, help out!

C'Mon now! Viv could've scratched her leg with that ladder with her skirt on! :D

Edit. I just realized I screwed this up. I meant.. C'Mon now! Viv could've scratched her leg with that letter with her skirt on! :D

Archived