Two-timing button givers!

By popular request in The Carol Burnett Appreciation Thread, here is the Lucy Dream Depository!

Only rarely can I remember dreams in which Lucy has guest-starred...other than the fact she appeared. Two that stand out in my mind both took place on the LWL set. One was me being some sort of staffer on the show and trying to convince Lucy that things needed to be punched up. The second was sitting around with the Barkers/McGibbons at the kitchen table (I suppose I was filling in the role of "Kevin") and all of a sudden Curtis and Ted started to sing Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da. After a few seconds of music my brain registered this was really the song on the clock radio which was blaring to wake me up. :marionstrong:

There was also this one time when I started researching the Lucy cast in those Ancestry websites at university and I had a midday nap after an all-nighter and I drempt that Hazel popped by by dorm room to tell me to mind my own business. LOL :hazel:

I'm really bad at remembering my dreams but several years ago in high school I dreamed older 1980s Lucy lived in my neighbor's house and I was too afraid to go over and introduce myself. But then when I finally did she was very nice and we subsequently hung out every afternoon after school. LOL.

These are fun to read! Brock, I think it's interesting that you are a fan of Gale & he was with Lucy in your dream too, just like Viv was in mine with Lucy.

Taylor you crack me up!

...what if you were having a really lucid dream about Lucy and then woke up and thought you saw her standing at the foot of your bed? Happened to me the other night. Ghostly encounter or do I need to lay off the smack? Discuss
:marionstrong:

Now you're making me wonder -- are our dreams just our imaginations at work because we think a lot about Lucy? Or does she maybe really stop by for a visit when we're asleep (& in your case, awake!) by appearing to those who think of her?

These are fun to read! Brock, I think it's interesting that you are a fan of Gale & he was with Lucy in your dream too, just like Viv was in mine with Lucy.

Taylor you crack me up! :marionstrong:

Now you're making me wonder -- are our dreams just our imaginations at work because we think a lot about Lucy? Or does she maybe really stop by for a visit when we're asleep (& in your case, awake!) by appearing to those who think of her?

I think it's both. In Joyce's case, I think most of hers are actual visitations. In someone like mine's case I think they're just my brain processing old information that has accrued during the day. I've never had a truly profound Lucy dream except the one I had where I was an employee at Desilu and she was giving me a friendly lecture while seated behind her desk. I have no memory of what the speech was about, but she was very earnest and a little stern. Not angry but very serious. It was pretty vivid. Just can't remember WTF she was saying. LOL

Lucy made an odd cameo this morning. So did Bea Arthur. Still trying to figure it out, maybe someone smart can help...

All I remember is I was swinging on this zipline contraption which had an elevated train track attached to it (WTF??). I was zipping on down this thing and landed on the other side, somehow dodging the odd train, and stopped in front of this rock-wall-climbing thing. I was trying to climb this when Bea Arthur pulled me back down (WTF, Bea??!). Then mid-1980s Lucy appeared and told Bea basically to quit picking on me. THE END.

:lucyhorror::lucydisgust::lucyshock:

Lucy made an odd cameo this morning. So did Bea Arthur. Still trying to figure it out, maybe someone smart can help...

All I remember is I was swinging on this zipline contraption which had an elevated train track attached to it (WTF??). I was zipping on down this thing and landed on the other side, somehow dodging the odd train, and stopped in front of this rock-wall-climbing thing. I was trying to climb this when Bea Arthur pulled me back down (WTF, Bea??!). Then mid-1980s Lucy appeared and told Bea basically to quit picking on me. THE END.

It is funny you should mention Lucille Ball and Bea Arthur. I have been attempting to constuct the perfectly written episode of Lucille Ball guest-starring on "The Golden Girls" that never happened but should of. I just watched an episode of "The Golden Girls" of a dream episode of Blanche meeting her deceased husband whom she thought had died but didn't in her dream and in the same dream Lyle Waggoner and Sonny Bono were courting Dorothy. The episode was silly till we realized at the end that it was all a dream. Maybe in this format they could have used Lucille Ball in one of their episodes.

Try to remember what you ate before you went to bed last evening; what time it was; DON'T DO IT AGAIN... only your mind knows FOR SURE! As for me, what I miss MOST .... is my MIND!

Come back, Lucille!

Try to remember what you ate before you went to bed last evening; what time it was; DON'T DO IT AGAIN... only your mind knows FOR SURE! As for me, what I miss MOST .... is my MIND!

Come back, Lucille!

This dream was right before I got up in the morning so I don't think whatever I ate had any effect. I just have stupid pointless dreams. :peachonthebeach:

Ok..here's my dream, had it last night.

I don't remember the setting but I was standing by Lucy, she was grey haired, but looked beautiful, Desi was older too, grey haired and sitting down in a chair with a checkered blanket around his shoulders. We were laughing and visiting about something that was going on but I cannot remember what it was now..just remember their voices and mine and laughing..then I woke up. :/

I don't remember the setting but I was standing by Lucy, she was grey haired, but looked beautiful, Desi was older too, grey haired and sitting down in a chair with a checkered blanket around his shoulders. We were laughing and visiting about something that was going on but I cannot remember what it was now..just remember their voices and mine and laughing..then I woke up. :/

Grey-haired, huh? Interesting. She must've finally ran out of that henna rinse. LMAO

Fascinating; keep 'em coming! JK

This morning I had a dream where my friend and I had gone to the Jamestown festival and we were met at the airport by this woman who reminded me of someone I used to work with. She's a huge ditz and she got us lost numerous times. Finally we find our hotel but then we decided we wanted to go to Lucy Lane, and this dimwit got us lost again too. We were getting really fed up with her. Then all of a sudden it was the 1920s and Lucy and DeDe and the gang were all there and we sort of hung out. Lucy didn't like the dimwit either. LOL

Someone interpret this one... :lucythrill:

It is funny you should mention Lucille Ball and Bea Arthur. I have been attempting to constuct the perfectly written episode of Lucille Ball guest-starring on "The Golden Girls" that never happened but should of. I just watched an episode of "The Golden Girls" of a dream episode of Blanche meeting her deceased husband whom she thought had died but didn't in her dream and in the same dream Lyle Waggoner and Sonny Bono were courting Dorothy. The episode was silly till we realized at the end that it was all a dream. Maybe in this format they could have used Lucille Ball in one of their episodes.

This is the beginning of the dream episode of "TheGoldenGirls" with guest star Lucille Ball:

There is a knock on Blanche's front door and Blanche answers it. There is an older couple one a heavy set semi-bald gentleman and a tall red-headed woman. The gentleman is fretful and requests to use Blanche's phone. "My name is Theodore Mooney and this is my wife Lucille and I wish to use your telephone, my car broke down."

To be continued...

This morning I had a dream where my friend and I had gone to the Jamestown festival and we were met at the airport by this woman who reminded me of someone I used to work with. She's a huge ditz and she got us lost numerous times. Finally we find our hotel but then we decided we wanted to go to Lucy Lane, and this dimwit got us lost again too. We were getting really fed up with her. Then all of a sudden it was the 1920s and Lucy and DeDe and the gang were all there and we sort of hung out. Lucy didn't like the dimwit either. LOL

If it means what 'they' say it means: 'the gang' is STILL around the old homestead! We'll know, too, when we get to the 'other side', where I really believe those who have gone on are still going on!!!!

If it means what 'they' say it means: 'the gang' is STILL around the old homestead! We'll know, too, when we get to the 'other side', where I really believe those who have gone on are still going on!!!!

Ok. But I hope that ditz isn't there. LMAO

• 4 weeks later...

Lucy didn't feature in a dream I had last night, but here's how it went: I was sitting around discussing how to solve a murder investigation with King Edward VII and Academy Award winning actress Brenda Fricker -- as one does -- but instead of discussing it in a police station (or a palace) we were discussing it in the Carter family's living room. Maybe if I didn't wake up before we identified the killer, Lucy would have come out of the kitchen with some snacks. :o Maybe Lucy was the perp! Or maybe Harry was the perp and Lucy pushed him over the edge one too many times. :lucyshock:

Lucy didn't feature in a dream I had last night, but here's how it went: I was sitting around discussing how to solve a murder investigation with King Edward VII and Academy Award winning actress Brenda Fricker -- as one does -- but instead of discussing it in a police station (or a palace) we were discussing it in the Carter family's living room. Maybe if I didn't wake up before we identified the killer, Lucy would have come out of the kitchen with some snacks. :o Maybe Lucy was the perp! Or maybe Harry was the perp and Lucy pushed him over the edge one too many times. :lucyshock:

LMAO. Yep, time to lay off the smack. :peachonthebeach:

I'd like to remember this dream..heheh :D

Archived