Donna Summer dead at 63

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/arts-post/post/donna-summer-dies--remembering-the-disco-queen-through-the-post-archives/2012/05/17/gIQAYz0GWU_blog.html?wprss=rss_style

It's so weird how yesterday I was thinking about her song called "Love to love ya baby." Just like on the day Michael Jackson died, I was trying to moonwalk. My personal favorite song by her is "Last Dance."

Wow . . . first Whitney Houston and then the queen of Disco!

She is one of my alltime favorite singers, always loved her, what a talent. I only saw her acting appearance on FAMILY MATTERS from the 1990's this last year and was amazed how good a comedienne she was and totally unafraid to jump into a quirky character. RIP Donna.

Another sad marker of time marching on; one more icon leaving us too soon... lucyblah.JPG

Such pipes, amazing voice, range, power...such a waste. My heart goes out to her family.

She'll remain a fond part of my "maturation" days in the late 70s/early 80s as I struggled to find my way, learning to understand what being "out and proud" was all about: talk about the soundtrack of a generation! Songs I still love hearing today: Hot Stuff, Bad Girls, Last Dance, Enough is Enough -- going toe-to-toe yet with Babs Streisand -- and keeping up with her! She Works Hard for the Money, Dim All the Lights, This Time I Know it's for Real, and on and on.....

Such a huge loss. So sad. sad.gif