Cher and Lucy

I saw a great montage of clips on YouTube entitled Cher Friends which showed Lucy looking like she was having a good time laughing with Cher and then a great closeup that reminded me of Lucy as Queen of Gyspys. She still looked great at age 67 when she appeared with Cher and Other Fantasies. What was this special like? I think it was just a cameo.

I saw a great montage of clips on YouTube entitled Cher Friends which showed Lucy looking like she was having a good time laughing with Cher and then a great closeup that reminded me of Lucy as Queen of Gyspys. She still looked great at age 67 when she appeared with Cher and Other Fantasies. What was this special like? I think it was just a cameo.

Since I don't take the time to 'search' for these types of thin's, I sure wish you could copy it over to here; so, we all could enjoy the information regarding Cher and Lucille....Thanks, if you can....JK

Since I don't take the time to 'search' for these types of thin's, I sure wish you could copy it over to here; so, we all could enjoy the information regarding Cher and Lucille....Thanks, if you can....JK

"Gauche....very gauche"! That's a Lucy line from it, about all I remember other than it didn't flatter Lucy to her best advantage but it did seem Cher was getting a kick out of working with her. I'd always hoped that when the Sonny & Cher Show (or even Cher's solo show) was on that LB would have appeared as a special guest and along with all the wundaful opportunities to sing and dance together, that she'd have appeared with Cher as her LaVerne in the Laundromat character, whom I found hiliarious. Oh, the missed possibilities!

peachonthebeach.JPG

"Gauche....very gauche"! That's a Lucy line from it, about all I remember other than it didn't flatter Lucy to her best advantage but it did seem Cher was getting a kick out of working with her. I'd always hoped that when the Sonny & Cher Show (or even Cher's solo show) was on that LB would have appeared as a special guest and along with all the wundaful opportunities to sing and dance together, that she'd have appeared with Cher as her LaVerne in the Laundromat character, whom I found hiliarious. Oh, the missed possibilities!

peachonthebeach.JPG

Cher had a video segment during her concerts which showed many famous guests that she had on her show, now that clip did include showing the segment of Lucy on Cher and other Fantasies from 1979 - was that maybe teh clip you saw.

I wish LB had done Sonny & Cher or even the Cher show- that would have been alot of fun. I believe they only worked together once, and that was on Cher's 79 special. Cher has actually known Lucy since she was about 10 years old. Her mom was on I Love Lucy in the episode "Lucy wants a Paris Dress", she was one of the models walking by the restaurant.

Wasn't Cher one of the celebrities for CBS' I Love Lucy 50th anniversary special?

Any pictures of Lucy and Cher together?

I havent seen any published photos of the two of them together, other than when they worked together. Cher has talked about spending the night watching the 68 election returns at Jack Benny's house with Lucy and Having johnny carson almost throwing her (cher) out of the house)It seems JC was on Nixon's team and Cher, Lucy, Sonny, Roz R and others were on the Dem' side, and they were watching from another room at the Bennny house. After that Carson never let Cher guest on the Tonight Show when he was the host, except once when Sonny was a guest and tehy brought out Cher as a surprise. Every time Cher was on the Tonight Show it was with Joan Rivers, John Davison and Martin Mull as the host. Carson could control Cher (at that time) but could not touch Lucy

I havent seen any published photos of the two of them together, other than when they worked together. Cher has talked about spending the night watching the 68 election returns at Jack Benny's house with Lucy and Having johnny carson almost throwing her (cher) out of the house)It seems JC was on Nixon's team and Cher, Lucy, Sonny, Roz R and others were on the Dem' side, and they were watching from another room at the Bennny house. After that Carson never let Cher guest on the Tonight Show when he was the host, except once when Sonny was a guest and tehy brought out Cher as a surprise. Every time Cher was on the Tonight Show it was with Joan Rivers, John Davison and Martin Mull as the host. Carson could control Cher (at that time) but could not touch Lucy

Man, Carson was such a whiny little beeyotch, no? Too funny though that he was scared to piss off Lucy. :marionstrong:

Archived