Early Lucy co-star Louise Latimer dies at 96

Brock

Louise Latimer, the leading lady in Lucy's film "Bunker Bean" died last month at the age of 96, according to IMDB and findagrave.com. The living links with Lucy's earliest Hollywood years are all but gone. :(

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=90467095

We've compiled our lists of oldest surviving co-stars, but do we know who the earliest surviving co-stars are? With the recent deaths of Gloria Stuart, Barbara Kent, and now Louise Latimer, it must be a very slim list.

Louise Latimer, the leading lady in Lucy's film "Bunker Bean" died last month at the age of 96, according to IMDB and findagrave.com. The living links with Lucy's earliest Hollywood years are all but gone. :(

We've compiled our lists of oldest surviving co-stars, but do we know who the earliest surviving co-stars are? With the recent deaths of Gloria Stuart, Barbara Kent, and now Louise Latimer, it must be a very slim list.

I try to keep 'revising' mine; it needs some work; but, will get it over here in the next few days; pray for rain; then, I get 'crackin' on my computer work.... JK

I believe Tony Martin is the earliest - Follow the Fleet, also 1936. 100 year old Mary Carlisle co-starred in Dance, Girl, Dance in 1940. Maureen O'Hara, star of the film, is also still with us. Is there anyone from 1937 to 1939?

It looks like Estelle Steiner who played one of Lucy's twin daughters in Joy of Living is still alive, but her sister died in 1980. I can't find any information on Casey Johnson, the little boy from Five Came Back. Any other children Lucy might have shared the screen with early in her career who might still be alive? Juanita Quigley, best known for Imitation of Life, played Ginger Rogers' niece in Having Wonderful Time (but didn't share any scenes with Lucy) and is still alive. According to IMDB, the former Baby Peggy was an uncredited camper in the movie. She is still alive and just at the TCM Film Festival.

• 2 months later...

Louise Latimer, the leading lady in Lucy's film "Bunker Bean" died last month at the age of 96...

Actually, Louise Latimer died June 16, 1973. Unfortunately, Ms. Latimer is one of a handful of lesser-known celebrities who have become "victim" to a rash of phony obituaries.

Read attached blog at the link, for a rundown on the "fraud," and scanned documentation with the actual details of her life and death.

Louise Latimer

Actually, Louise Latimer died June 16, 1973. Unfortunately, Ms. Latimer is one of a handful of lesser-known celebrities who have become "victim" to a rash of phony obituaries.

Read attached blog at the link, for a rundown on the "fraud," and scanned documentation with the actual details of her life and death.

Louise Latimer

Very fascinating article. Thanks for posting! By any chance are you one of the researchers behind this blog entry? If so, kudos! Very interesting detective work.

By any chance are you one of the researchers behind this blog entry?

No, but I work with them. Bill Cappello's focus is compiling biographical material for supporting players in the films of The Three Stooges, Laurel & Hardy, etc.. Since the 1970s, his efforts (plus Frank Reighter and a staff of "helpers") have ID'ed scores of players who we always see onscreen, but know nothing about because they never/rarely appear in the credits.

Louise Latimer's biography was investigated due to her first film being Stooges-related, MY MUMMY'S ARMS (1934), a Vitaphone short subject starring Shemp Howard. BTW, that film was Sheldon Leonard's screen debut.

Archived