CAROL PLUS TWO Coming to DVD, Aug. 28

Shemp

The 22-DVD "THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW: The Ultimate Collection" ships the week of July 30. Per Time-Life's press release of June 4, Lucille Ball will appear in some bonus content.

Press release excerpt, from TVShowsonDVD.com...

Rare sketches from the first five seasons of The Carol Burnett Show, not seen anywhere in over 40 years. Included are guest appearances by Lucille Ball, Jerry Lewis, Bing Crosby and Bob Hope, plus one of the most beloved sketches in the history of the show: "The Dentist," with Harvey Korman and Tim Conway.

Reportedly, none of the smaller, general retail sets due in September will contain the above bonus footage.

And now, Amazon is taking pre-orders for "Carol Burnett Prime Time Specials Collection", showing a release date of August 28. Other online sellers, including BestBuy, are also showing this.

From Amazon's product description...

The Carol Burnett Prime Time Specials Collection, not seen since their original air dates include Calamity Jane, Carol and Company (an evening with Carol Burnett), Carol Plus Two with Lucille Ball and Carol and Julie at Carnegie Hall. These specials were nominated for multiple awards including a Prime Time Emmy win for An evening with Carol Burnett Plus an Emmy and Golden Globe win for Carol Burnett's famous pairing with Julie Andrews in Carol and Julie at Carnegie Hall! These timeless TV treasures are brought to you completely re-mixed and remastered by Legendary Entertainment Alliance directly from the archives of Legendary variety show producer, Bob Banner.

I believe the specials collection is separate from the 22-DVD set. Legendary Entertainment is the specials' distributor, while July's mega-set is from Time-Life.

Great news! :HALKING: But...

These timeless TV treasures are brought to you completely re-mixed and remastered...directly from the archives of Legendary variety show producer, Bob Banner.

...that's rather curious, all things considering.

This is amazing, wonderful news! Titles/releases/material thought we'd never see again! Just begs the question...why now? All Carol, all all at once!! Don't get me wrong: I LOVE it! But it's a funny coincidence. Hmmm.... lucyhorror.JPG

Am I missing something? What's the funny coincidence? Anyway I'm thrilled! ... I'm getting the ULTIMATE collection from Time-Life, without a doubt, and also The Prime Time Specials Collection from Legendary Entertainment.

Archived