YouTube "Rules"

Neil

I've put up a lot of YouTube clips. My user name are LimeVid and LimeVid2. Was prompted to set up the 2nd at some point and now can't figure out how to access the first one.

Most of my uploads have been clips of TV shows, all I have to assume copyrighted material. If it's appropriate I put the links to amazon if these are available for purchase within my description. Don't know if this is noted by youtube or not, but it's free advertizing!

I put up a short clip from "The Bob Newhart Show" a couple months ago and received this notice from youtube:

"Your video "Merie Earle", may have content that is owned or licensed by FOX. As a result, the video has been blocked on YouTube.

This claim is penalizing your account status. Visit your Copyright Notice page for more details on the policy applied to your video. "

I took it down. Has anyone else had this experience? I don't know what ramifications to my account this 'penalizing' thing is, but it doesn't sound good!

(I suppose this topic belongs in "..What I'm thinking..." so feel free to move it, if so. I don't want THIS account penalized too!)

FOX blocked my clip of "I Lost Lucy" from The Simpsons, even though it was an unlisted video, so I removed it...but they didn't mention anything about "penalizing." Weird.

Another weird thing is how they find these videos to block in the first place. My clip was titled Merie Earle and not The Bob Newhart Show. It's doubtful that Merie's estate was involved.

Unless you're uploading whole episodes, you'd think they'd be OK with it because it could be considered a preview that might prompt people to buy the DVD or stream the entire episode on Netflix.

Instead of PENALIZING, they should be PAYING us!!

We posted a video of my family trying to get a groundhog out of my car which consisted of us poking this thing to death, the actual impailments were never shown, and it got taken down with some sort of penalized thing to the account.

... I guess I'll have to be the one to ask. Why was there a groundhog in your car? lol

It crawled in my mom's car, got locked in the garage overnight, built a nest in the car. I was visiting the next day, we poked it out of her car, runs down the driveway, across the lawn and up into my car. Stayed there for 4 hours until we could kill and and drag it out.

It crawled in my mom's car, got locked in the garage overnight, built a nest in the car. I was visiting the next day, we poked it out of her car, runs down the driveway, across the lawn and up into my car. Stayed there for 4 hours until we could kill and and drag it out.

Ah man, did ya have to kill it? :(

The sucker would not get his butt out. We poked it, watered it, drove the car and slammed on the breaks. It may have come out eventually, but you could not leave it alone. It was in the engine of my mom's car and chewed and ate a bunch of wires and hoses.

The sucker would not get his butt out. We poked it, watered it, drove the car and slammed on the breaks. It may have come out eventually, but you could not leave it alone. It was in the engine of my mom's car and chewed and ate a bunch of wires and hoses.

Ahh I see. Still, I couldn't be the one to actually kill it if it were me. LOL

Archived