Kim on "Here's Lucy"

Neil

• 1 year later...

IMDB lists Lucie Arnaz's Here's Lucy episodes as a total of 61 episodes. Could that be possible?

Only 7 in the 5th season and 6 in the 6th?

Neil:  TV.com says she was in 123 episodes; Desi, IV, was in 65 episodes.  ANYONE?  I REALLY need to be as accurate as I can be with my research; and it's heartbreaking to discover that much of this information I've been relying on through IMDb is erroneous....

I'm beginning to see what you mean about iMDb!!  Hope they start to fix their issues....

Neil:  TV.com says she was in 123 episodes; Desi, IV, was in 65 episodes.  ANYONE?  I REALLY need to be as accurate as I can be with my research; and it's heartbreaking to discover that much of this information I've been relying on through IMDb is erroneous....

I'm beginning to see what you mean about iMDb!!  Hope they start to fix their issues....

True, you can't take as "gospel" all the data included on IMDB nor Wikepedia -- if anyone can "contribute", and apparently they can, that means margin for error is quite high.

I have a suggestion, however tedious it would be but I can't think of any way to be more thorough if accuracy is the end result you seek: what with the entire Here's Lucy canon now released via MPI Home video and those great guys at GAB, you could --again, tedious I know but not entirely "painful" -- pop each DVD in and run each episode just long enough to check either the opening or end credits to confirm whether or not she appeared in that particular episode.

Just a thought! :D

Lucie was in 113 episodes of Here's Lucy. Desi Jr. was in 60 episodes. 

• 1 year later...

I think this fellow is misinformed. 

A guy who sells DVDs online has "The LUCY Arnaz Show Pilot" listed.  After describing the plot of "Kim Cuts...Apron Strings", he goes on to say

"The show was expected to be picked up for the Fall of 1972.  Even Vivian Vance had agreed to be on the show weekly (she had moved back to California by this time). Her character was a busy-body neighbor who kept an eye out for Kim, and was introduced as Lucy's friend in the episode the week before.  The premise would have had Vance reporting back to Lucy, giving Lucy cameo appearances every week. However, complications arose when Vance was diagnosed with breast cancer, and without her, CBS wasn’t interested in the show.  They tried to sell the show to the other networks, but a clause in Ball’s contract prevented her from appearing in a sitcom on another network and the series just died. (What about "Make Room for Granddaddy"?)

Archived