Elderly bus monitor gets bullied by middle schoolers

Isn't this awful? And this is 15 minutes away from where I live!!!! :lucydisgust:

Whatever happened to respecting your elders?

My grandfather was a bus driver and he would NOT have tolerated that kind of behavior from kids. He knew a thing or two about RESPECT. When he was in charge, you behaved. Just like Lucy. :lucyhaha:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47890186/ns/local_news-rochester_ny/t/fury-over-school-bus-video-bus-monitor-bullied/#.T-MWEtVjaZE

There is an online campaign started to send that woman on a nice vacation. They thought it would raise $5000 but it raised over $200,000 so far. The one family is getting death threats, and the school's bully patrol and police are looking into this.

There is an online campaign started to send that woman on a nice vacation. They thought it would raise $5000 but it raised over $200,000 so far. The one family is getting death threats, and the school's bully patrol and police are looking into this.

Excellent. :lucythrill:

They should bring back corporal punishment. That lady should've gotten up and beat the crap out of them kids. It's really sad no one allows you to beat kids anymore LOL. Sometimes a little child abuse could help. :marionstrong:

I agree. :marionstrong: A spank here and there would work wonders in today's society.

(Possibly extremely stupid)question for resident Americans: What is the role of the bus monitor? I have never heard the term in this context before this story broke. Are they to sit on the bus and keep kids in line? (Possibly not in this case!) Are they just to be there in an emergency? Back in my day, (*ahem*) a bus monitor was someone stationed in the school's bus loading area with a clipboard to make sure every kid got on the right bus and got on and off safely.

So tired of this whole bullying crap. Why can't people just accept people for who they are. I have been a victim of bullying all my life, so this kind of thing breaks my heart. How can people be so heartless? The world would be such a better place if this stuff didn't happen. Is love, respect, and acceptance for all that difficult? So sad. I'm just glad bullying is FINALLY getting attention. My heart goes out to this woman.

[quote name=DroopyDrawers :D' timestamp='1340345899' post='39526]

So tired of this whole bullying crap. Why can't people just accept people for who they are. I have been a victim of bullying all my life, so this kind of thing breaks my heart. How can people be so heartless? The world would be such a better place if this stuff didn't happen. Is love, respect, and acceptance for all that difficult? So sad. I'm just glad bullying is FINALLY getting attention. My heart goes out to this woman.

Amen. sleep.gif

(Possibly extremely stupid)question for resident Americans: What is the role of the bus monitor? I have never heard the term in this context before this story broke. Are they to sit on the bus and keep kids in line? (Possibly not in this case!) Are they just to be there in an emergency? Back in my day, (*ahem*) a bus monitor was someone stationed in the school's bus loading area with a clipboard to make sure every kid got on the right bus and got on and off safely.

Basically. In our district we only have bus monitors on buses that transport students with physical disabilities or emotional/behavior disorders.

I just saw on the news this morning that the money raised for Karen has exceeded $500,000! :)

[quote name=DroopyDrawers :D' timestamp='1340345899' post='39526]

My heart, as well, goes out to this woman: If ANY of my children had done something like this, and they are each in their 40's; they STILL would not sit comfortably.

Respect is the first thing you should learn; even before Kindergarten; where you should learn everything you need in life; respect; raise your hand for permission; take a nap everyday; wash your hands; smile; say please and thank you; look both ways; don't talk to strangers....

It's just sickening, is what bullying is.... I pray the boys who did this suffer many years into their adulthood with conscience....into forever.

JK

They should bring back corporal punishment. That lady should've gotten up and beat the crap out of them kids. It's really sad no one allows you to beat kids anymore LOL. Sometimes a little child abuse could help. :marionstrong:

How 'bout enrolling them into "The Scared-Straight Program"? That would get them back on track!

That would take too long. A good ol' fashioned ass whopping is what these kids need.

OMG! WHAT the hell happened to just slapping those kids asses .. teach them WORDS HURT!

This enrages me..Kids now days are treated to "Time out" where they can sit and "think about it"

My cousin has a kid..omg..he beat the shit out of me (5 years old..just turned 5) (I've got fibro and chronic fatigue) I tried to defend myself but the kid kept beating on me. IN FRONT OF HIS PARENTS. I was trying to hand him over to his dad, my cousin, and he said, "Don't you know, girls are like roses. You have to treat them nice or they will stab you with their thorns." GRR So then I said, ya know..he's kinda too much for me..so maybe you can take him. He says, A five year old too much for you? OMG I wanted to kill my cousin..the kid has had NO discipline whatsoever..anyway..end of the story..he had a time out for being mean to me. He sat and beat his head against the wall until they said he could get up 1 minute later.. GRR They get no discipline! The next day I was black and blue from head to foot..The kids grandma saw me and said, who did you get in a wrestling match with..I said, your grandson, and she said Oh he isn't that bad.

Anyway..that is our future!! I'm scared.

OMG! WHAT the hell happened to just slapping those kids asses .. teach them WORDS HURT!

This enrages me..Kids now days are treated to "Time out" where they can sit and "think about it"

My cousin has a kid..omg..he beat the shit out of me (5 years old..just turned 5) (I've got fibro and chronic fatigue) I tried to defend myself but the kid kept beating on me. IN FRONT OF HIS PARENTS. I was trying to hand him over to his dad, my cousin, and he said, "Don't you know, girls are like roses. You have to treat them nice or they will stab you with their thorns." GRR So then I said, ya know..he's kinda too much for me..so maybe you can take him. He says, A five year old too much for you? OMG I wanted to kill my cousin..the kid has had NO discipline whatsoever..anyway..end of the story..he had a time out for being mean to me. He sat and beat his head against the wall until they said he could get up 1 minute later.. GRR They get no discipline! The next day I was black and blue from head to foot..The kids grandma saw me and said, who did you get in a wrestling match with..I said, your grandson, and she said Oh he isn't that bad.

Anyway..that is our future!! I'm scared.

Yep. Back in my day, I would've gotten a beating at home as well as in school for acting that way. Now you gotta be all PC. Look what's happening.

My sister is a police officer and if a child calls in saying 'My guardian hit me' they instantly ask if there is a weapon involved or any markings, if not then nothing can be held against the guardian. It's disciplining your own children. Beating your children is wrong, but I have spanked my niece for disciplinary reasons.

Archived