I Love Lucy joins Comedy Gold lineup

Brock

I Love Lucy returns to mainstream Canadian airwaves beginning 6 a.m. on June 30, for a 48 hour marathon on Comedy Gold. On July 3, ILL moves to its regular timeslot of 11:30 a.m. weekdays.

This will be the second Canadian station currently airing ILL. It has been airing for about three years on what used to be called The Accessibility Channel (it recently had a name change), a station for the visually impaired. An episode would be aired as normal, but it would be accompanied by a running commentary describing the action.

I Love Lucy returns to mainstream Canadian airwaves beginning 6 a.m. on June 30, for a 48 hour marathon on Comedy Gold. On July 3, ILL moves to its regular timeslot of 11:30 a.m. weekdays.

This will be the second Canadian station currently airing ILL. It has been airing for about three years on what used to be called The Accessibility Channel (it recently had a name change), a station for the visually impaired. An episode would be aired as normal, but it would be accompanied by a running commentary describing the action.

I Love Lucy seems to be making a comeback. TV Land just picked it up again and it's still on Hallmark, so in the US it's on two big cable channels. A local New York station is adding it next week - the first local station in the area I remember in over a decade. I wonder what's the reason behind the return of I Love Lucy to the airwaves.

Archived