Lucie Singing "I'm Way Ahead" from "Seesaw"

Here's an audio recording of what I think might be Lucie's greatest role - Gittel Mosca in "Seesaw." This is the finale from the show. She's stunning.

Lucie also did this number on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson in 1974. I'm glad there's a video record.

Was there ever a soundtrack album recorded? lucyhorror.JPG

Was there ever a soundtrack album recorded? lucyhorror.JPG

There was a cast recording with the original Broadway cast: Michele Lee, Ken Howard, and Tommy Tune. Lucie did the national tour with John Gavin and Tune. There was no professionally recorded album. Lucie did do this number on The Tonight Show and sang a medley of the songs accompanied by Cy Coleman on The Mike Douglas Show.

There was a cast recording with the original Broadway cast: Michele Lee, Ken Howard, and Tommy Tune. Lucie did the national tour with John Gavin and Tune. There was no professionally recorded album. Lucie did do this number on The Tonight Show and sang a medley of the songs accompanied by Cy Coleman on The Mike Douglas Show.

I saw "Seesaw" with Lucie, Tune and Gavin!! She was a surprise to those who had only seen her in "Here's Lucy".

I saw "Seesaw" with Lucie, Tune and Gavin!! She was a surprise to those who had only seen her in "Here's Lucy".

I'm very jealous. I'm a big fan of Seesaw/Two for the Seesaw (oh, to have seen Vanda Barra in a summer stock production as Gittel!). The New York City Center does mini-productions of three musicals unlikely to get a Broadway revivial. Every year, I hope they do Seesaw, but it hasn't happened. The national tour dropped a few supporting characters and a couple of numbers and put the focus back on Gittel and Jerry. They also added the show stopping number "The Party's On Me" for Lucie. I know Michael Bennett and company were much more pleased with the tour than the original Broadway production. I'm sure if the City Center's Encores! productions did Seesaw it would be the original Broadway production version.

Archived