Lucy and her guest stars.

Annaleigh

I have heard she has gotten very angry with a few guest stars because of their lack of rehearsal and commitment. Who are some of the stars that got the 'wrath of Lucy'? Everyone knows the Tallulah Bankhead story and I heard a little about Jack Benny but don't know if its true.

When Kathleen Brady's book came out there was an article in the Daily Mirror entitled We Loathe Lucy about just this subject, I only remember them listing the Burtons of the top of my head, I still have the article packed away somewhere....

When Kathleen Brady's book came out there was an article in the Daily Mirror entitled We Loathe Lucy about just this subject, I only remember them listing the Burtons of the top of my head, I still have the article packed away somewhere....

The worst two I can think of are the two Joans (Blondell and Crawford). Of course, we weren't there in either case and I've always wondered whether those stories were greatly exaggerated (or even happened at all, at least they way we've heard). lucyhorror.JPG

[quote name=DroopyDrawers :D' timestamp='1341795602' post='40155]

I have heard she has gotten very angry with a few guest stars because of their lack of rehearsal and commitment. Who are some of the stars that got the 'wrath of Lucy'? Everyone knows the Tallulah Bankhead story and I heard a little about Jack Benny but don't know if its true.

The Jack Benny story comes from Herb Kenwith, so that means it is 97 percent false.

The Jack Benny story comes from Herb Kenwith, so that means it is 97 percent false.

Never believed the Jack Benny stories, he was always praising Lucy and they were great friends. Heard the Blondell and Crawford stories of course. The Crawford one has to have some grain of truth in it because it has been retold so many times by so many different people, not just one person like Kenwith or Thompson.

I also heard she got into a screaming match with Dan Dailey over something.

Never believed the Jack Benny stories, he was always praising Lucy and they were great friends. Heard the Blondell and Crawford stories of course. The Crawford one has to have some grain of truth in it because it has been retold so many times by so many different people, not just one person like Kenwith or Thompson.

I also heard she got into a screaming match with Dan Dailey over something.

OOOOOO a screaming match with Dan Dailey... how I would have loved to see that!

OOOOOO a screaming match with Dan Dailey... how I would have loved to see that!

I know, right? I would've loved to see her dressing down some guest star who couldn't get their act straight. I like confrontations except when they involve me. :lucysmirk:

[quote name=DroopyDrawers :D' timestamp='1341953251' post='40261]

Hopefully! I need to know about this and the Joan Blondell thing! Haha.

Edit. Wait. The Blondell incident is the flushing toilet mimicking one isn't it?

Yes, the Blondell incident is the "F*** you, Lucille Ball!" and the toilet thing. LOL

Archived