The Lucille Ball Specials Double Feature

Robert13

More Lucy DVD news I just found. MPI's site now lists "The Lucille Ball Specials Double Feature: Happy Anniversary & Goodbye / What Now, Catherine Curtis?" on their Coming Soon page with coverart!

However, the link is not active yet. So I was unable to find out the release date. Seems to be December though because "Vahalla Rising" (another MPI release) is coming on Nov. 30 and that is listed above the Lucy Specials dvd. So it looks like we have yet another Lucy dvd release to look forward to in 2010.

**UPDATE** Release Date: December 14, 2010

Here is the coverart.

lucyspecials3.JPG

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent news!

Personally I would have gone for a double shot of Art Carney on the cover, but this is great!

Yeah, i wonder why they put on Joseph Bologna instead, well, he did star in it also and he wrote the darn thing with his gorgeous wife Renee Taylor, of The Nanny fame. At the time of the special, Joe and Renee were extremely famous, i wonder why they would not feature the Oscar winner instead, Art Carney for Harry and Tonto, although they do on the other special anyway . . .but you're right, this was one of the main stars of the iconic Honeymooners and a five time Emmy award winner on top of that, working with Lucy at last . . .

Shelley Fabrary, of course.

Oh yeah, sorry, i had a SENIOR'S moment, as Nathan Lane just referred to it on The View. I'll never forget the most beautiful singer warbling through JOHNNY ANGEL when i was a teen not knowing if i preferred an inny or an outie. I might buy that season of The Donna Reed show just to hear her again. :lol::lol:

I think it's amazing that we have almost all of Lucy's Specials on dvd. Aside from the Nashville special and "Lucy In London" (which, hopefully, we will see on a future Lucy Show set), the bulk of her specials will be out by the end of the year. I'm guessing "Lucy Moves to NBC" will see a release in 2011.

I can't wait! In my opinion, two of the greatest things Lucy ever did!

Yeah, i wonder why they put on Joseph Bologna instead, well, he did star in it also and he wrote the darn thing with his gorgeous wife Renee Taylor, of The Nanny fame. At the time of the special, Joe and Renee were extremely famous, i wonder why they would not feature the Oscar winner instead, Art Carney for Harry and Tonto, although they do on the other special anyway . . .but you're right, this was one of the main stars of the iconic Honeymooners and a five time Emmy award winner on top of that, working with Lucy at last . . .

Joe and Renee actually wrote "Three for Two" (at least the script was based on something they had written). :)

I've never seen either so I am extra excited considering these are both rated as her best specials! And I love the fact that they are both more dramatic pieces, similar to 342 which I love!

I wouldn't classify "Happy Anniversary" as a purely dramatic piece. It has some pretty hilarious bits. And wait til you see the scene with Arnold Schwarzenhammer (cue Michael Jackson's "MUSCLES" as background music here, LOL!)

I wouldn't classify "Happy Anniversary" as a purely dramatic piece. It has some pretty hilarious bits. And wait til you see the scene with Arnold Schwarzenhammer (cue Michael Jackson's "MUSCLES" as background music here, LOL!)

Right, I vaguely remember it but remember it being much funnier than dramatic -- and if I recall, most of it was shot with an audience. Could be mistaken since it's been too long since I've seen it...but we'll soon know, won't we?? Woohoo!!! This is the one I've been waiting for most anxiously!! smile.gif

Right, I vaguely remember it but remember it being much funnier than dramatic -- and if I recall, most of it was shot with an audience. Could be mistaken since it's been too long since I've seen it...but we'll soon know, won't we?? Woohoo!!! This is the one I've been waiting for most anxiously!! smile.gif

Happy Anniversary and Goodbye was one terrific special, great acting and writing and one of her best specials, with BIG names and done in the OLD tradition.

• 2 weeks later...

This is now preorderable at Amazon! Got it and The Lucy Show Season 3!

I can't hardly wait for these specials. I have never seen Catherine Curtis but it is supposed to be one of her best. I've seen Happy Anniversary and Goodbye and it was classic Lucy! I found it more comedy but it had its dramatic moments and emotional scenes as well. Lucy looked great and the cast worked well together. It is probably one of my favorite Lucy specials because it is a new side of Lucy. I found it modern, witty, full of physical laughs, and it was just great.

I can't hardly wait for these specials. I have never seen Catherine Curtis but it is supposed to be one of her best. I've seen Happy Anniversary and Goodbye and it was classic Lucy! I found it more comedy but it had its dramatic moments and emotional scenes as well. Lucy looked great and the cast worked well together. It is probably one of my favorite Lucy specials because it is a new side of Lucy. I found it modern, witty, full of physical laughs, and it was just great.

Well, WILL, Curtis is more a tour de force dramatic turn for her but certainly no laugh riot like Anniversary and Goodbye was.

• 1 month later...

Well, WILL, Curtis is more a tour de force dramatic turn for her but certainly no laugh riot like Anniversary and Goodbye was.

Not sure if this has been reported yet but here are the bonus features for this dvd:

New Interviews & Introductions with Co-Stars

Blooper Reel

Let‘s Talk To Lucy - Lost Interviews with Mary Tyler Moore

Can't wait! :)

Archived