Frank Gorey's Book

desilufan2

I don't know what has happened to it, but the stories he has told already in Jamestown and elsewhere are amazing. It would be a wonderful addition to the Lucy library. His proposed title was great too -- Being Frank with Lucy.

(PS: I changed your title to add "'s Book". Since I held my breath waiting for the page to load, I figured others might as well! :lucythrill: )

LOL Thank you. And thank you for the reply! Oh my goodness im so excited! Please forgive me im new at this. Anyway, do you think the publishers wanted to much of the personal side and Frank being a loyal employer wouldn't comply to their demands? I just don't understand why the book was never made. Grrr! Id really like to hear from him!

I heard him interviewed on Stu's Show a year or two (or three?) ago & he has compiled his memories into 4 separate parts. You can send him a check directly for any or all of the 4. I'm drawing from memory here but I think they were in chronological order & were typed pages that he would copy & send to fans.

You can download the interview for only .99cents (& many, many other fantastic Lucy related guest interviews) from the stusshow.com archives. It gave all the specific info, the cost, & the address to send it to.

Brock, I remember hearing him mention during the interview that he already had the title, "Being Frank With Lucy". I thought it was so clever. I was going to send for his 4 booklets but after hearing him say he had a book in the works I decided to wait for that instead. Haven't heard anything about the book since.

Desilufan2 & Taylor -- I hope he is in good health & working on it as I'd sure like to read it, too! :)

Sorry Mr Hepburn, I don't have Frank's address or prices written down. In the interview he gave (see my post in this thread from Aug 11th) he gave the address to send him a check, & he would send whichever part(s) you wanted. He gave a brief description of each part & their prices.

The only way I know for you to find that info is to go to the archives at stusshow.com & download Frank's interview. I just remembered that he was interviewed more than once; I don't remember the date of the show that has the info you want, but I would guess his last one.

Archived