Lucy's back on ABC, Sunday night with Viv.

C L A U D E

The Paley Center is having another one of their great tv specials. This one, about dynamic duos or couples on tv will feature Lucy and Viv as well as Laverne and Shirley and many other iconic couples or duos from the days when TV was worth watching. Sunday on ABC, at 9 Eastern standard time. Talking heads will also be featured, one of them Gary Marshall, director and one time Lucy writer. And brother of Penny of course.

You read that it's a countdown? Ever see some of their other specials with Lucy always very prominently featured?

Yep! Robin Roberts from GMA had a little preview about it. Look it up on Google! It's on the ABC News website. I think it is a countdown of the 30 greatest dynamic duos! Bea and Estelle should make the list too!

Yep! Robin Roberts from GMA had a little preview about it. Look it up on Google! It's on the ABC News website. I think it is a countdown of the 30 greatest dynamic duos! Bea and Estelle should make the list too!

Maybe Lucy will make it three times, once with Ricky, once with Ethel/Viv and once with Mr Mooney/Carter. Just read the sweetest thing in Madelyn's book, that Lucy did not want a female sidekick on Life with Lucy as she never wanted to replace Viv. But when the writers saw how well Audrey Meadows turned out, they intended to have her back often, if the show had lasted of course.

Maybe Lucy will make it three times, once with Ricky, once with Ethel/Viv and once with Mr Mooney/Carter. Just read the sweetest thing in Madelyn's book, that Lucy did not want a female sidekick on Life with Lucy as she never wanted to replace Viv. But when the writers saw how well Audrey Meadows turned out, they intended to have her back often, if the show had lasted of course.

If anything Lucy and Ethel and maybe just maybe Lucy and Ricky. Which should make the list.

Isn't that the sweetest thing ever? She really loved Viv.

Wouldn't you just know it, after telling everybody else about it and having like 500 channels on the tv, it's on ABC and they're showing the stupid ass MDA telethon that nobody watches anymore. That local abc station has been driving me nuts for decades, they used to show their shows at weird times every week, it was years before i ever saw a show at it's regular time, like "That Girl" which was on Sunday afternoons at 5.

Wouldn't you just know it, after telling everybody else about it and having like 500 channels on the tv, it's on ABC and they're showing the stupid ass MDA telethon that nobody watches anymore. That local abc station has been driving me nuts for decades, they used to show their shows at weird times every week, it was years before i ever saw a show at it's regular time, like "That Girl" which was on Sunday afternoons at 5.

Does the telephon pop up on your guide? I hope it isn't on my ABC channel!

Does the telephon pop up on your guide? I hope it isn't on my ABC channel!

Here, old man Lewis' orgy of cheque giving on camera is always on ABC, has been since the beginning. They only show three hours of the snoozefest and wouldn't you know they would be prime time's most important three hours?

Here, old man Lewis' orgy of cheque giving on camera is always on ABC, has been since the beginning. They only show three hours of the snoozefest and wouldn't you know they would be prime time's most important three hours?

Did I dream Lewis and MDA parted company???? Or, has he been re-hired? DETAILS, people, details.... He's been circling the drain (thanks, Taylor, have been using that line since you first did; find it hilarious!!!!) for years; out of pity, they should let him host til the 'END'...

Did I dream Lewis and MDA parted company???? Or, has he been re-hired? DETAILS, people, details.... He's been circling the drain (thanks, Taylor, have been using that line since you first did; find it hilarious!!!!) for years; out of pity, they should let him host til the 'END'...

I have no idea and don't care as i do not watch that show anymore, i think it went on without him last year and still raised a huge amount of money so . . . I remember, when i was younger, that show was great with him being the perfect host and there's no denying he's raised so many millions for them but then his BIG mouth got him into loads of trouble so now that he barely resembles himself, i think they're glad to be rid of him.

I have no idea and don't care as i do not watch that show anymore, i think it went on without him last year and still raised a huge amount of money so . . . I remember, when i was younger, that show was great with him being the perfect host and there's no denying he's raised so many millions for them but then his BIG mouth got him into loads of trouble so now that he barely resembles himself, i think they're glad to be rid of him.

Never watched it. I'm sure I would've back when it first started if I was there.

It's become this borefest of people getting on tv by handing big cheques to whoever hosts. Back in the day, it could be a terrific show, not anymore.

Yep with crappy performances! Haha

I have yet to watch the Dynamic Duos special but it is recorded. One of my friends told me Lucy and Ethel made the number 2 spot because once she saw it she thought of me. Lol. Must watch the whole thing asap!

While a well-done special for the most part, I find it appalling that for "all time" picks that Seinfeld topped Lucy. Unbelievable!! (And I demand a recount!!) lucyhorror.JPG

I have nothing against Seinfeld. It is a great comedy sitcom. But I don't know why it is considered a better program than ILL. I never understood it and never will.

Archived